Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oli girl

'Accutane debate placeholder thread'

Not everyone gets all these lasting side effects that people have put to you. The drug wouldnt be allowed if that was the case.

Theres are lots of people out there who have been on accutane, been cured and gone on to live a happier life without acne holding them back. I for one am hoping to be one of them.

Dont be scared off by horror stories, make sure you make an informed decision.

Our duty is just to clarify everything (The bad and the good things) , and the decision is up to her.....

We aren't here to (SCARE) people who is going to take this medication or tell make horrific stories.......

You, me and all the doctors and scientists can't just ignore the fact that very high vitamin-a doses are HARMFULL , The maximum RDA of vitamin-a intake is 5000-7000 UI and accutane capsule contains 500.000 UI .....

And i have to say i don't trust FDA though, everything in this world is just money ....

Large companies are ready to sell millions of lives just for MONEY...

Finally i think Hoffmann-la roche is WAY smarter than us .....

Isotretinoin is an isomer of vitamin A. While it is closely related, Isotretinoin removes A LOT of the adverse effects associated with vitamin A overdosage.

Not everyone gets all these lasting side effects that people have put to you. The drug wouldnt be allowed if that was the case.

Theres are lots of people out there who have been on accutane, been cured and gone on to live a happier life without acne holding them back. I for one am hoping to be one of them.

Our duty is just to clarify everything (The bad and the good things) , and the decision is up to her.....

We aren't here to (SCARE) people who is going to take this medication or tell make horrific stories.......

You, me and all the doctors and scientists can't just ignore the fact that very high vitamin-a doses are HARMFULL , The maximum RDA of vitamin-a intake is 5000-7000 UI and accutane capsule contains 500.000 UI .....

And i have to say i don't trust FDA though, everything in this world is just money ....

Isotretinoin is an isomer of vitamin A. While it is closely related, Isotretinoin removes A LOT of the adverse effects associated with vitamin A overdosage.

links please ?

links please ?

Lol there aren't really any links. I have a biochemical background so I know a thing or two about chemical compounds. It has to do with stereochemistry which is the spatial arrangement of an atom within a compound.

oh shit watch out its the Accutane police. Same people posting the same bullshit about Accutane, swear to god. Theres like a handful of lurkers on this forum that make people believe they will come out of this experience with a dysfunctional penis feeling overly depressed, bald and can't shit properly. It's not the case. You say your acne is scarring, than i agree with your derm that it's a good choice for you to have Accutane in the back of your mind :S. I've been on Accutane for 4 months almost and know what, i feel great. Everything is going as planned. And if 2 years from now i develop chrones or some kind off really Rare case of Accutane side effects that only happen to like .5-1% of people, I won't give a shit because it was MY DECISION.

^^

oh shit watch out its the Accutane police. Same people posting the same bullshit about Accutane, swear to god. Theres like a handful of lurkers on this forum that make people believe they will come out of this experience with a dysfunctional penis feeling overly depressed, bald and can't shit properly. It's not the case. You say your acne is scarring, than i agree with your derm that it's a good choice for you to have Accutane in the back of your mind :S. I've been on Accutane for 4 months almost and know what, i feel great. Everything is going as planned. And if 2 years from now i develop chrones or some kind off really Rare case of Accutane side effects that only happen to like .5-1% of people, I won't give a shit because it was MY DECISION.

^^

Sums things up for me perfectly.

I'm one month post and enjoying clear skin with zero side effects.

oh shit watch out its the Accutane police. Same people posting the same bullshit about Accutane, swear to god. Theres like a handful of lurkers on this forum that make people believe they will come out of this experience with a dysfunctional penis feeling overly depressed, bald and can't shit properly. It's not the case.

I don't know how what I posted is bullshit. I never claimed that everyone who uses it will end up with bad side effects. And I know I'm in the minority and it's unlikely to happen to others. That still doesn't change the fact that it can happen. And I feel that someone who is conisdering accutane should read about some bad experiences rather than just a list of of side effects on pamphlet.

And besides, no one ever complains when people make posts about how great accutane is and how they would recommend it. I don't see how this is any different.

Everyone who keeps telling her to take Accutane, you MUST watch this video. You might think twice about grabbing a bottle of Accutane when you get a new zit.....

Go to youtube and watch: ACCUTANE = HOSPITAL

youtube.com/watch?v=rhM0N7C_XUY

Edited by ICdeadtrolls

^^

YEAH everything is going as planned.........!!

What if your acne came back after having a chronic disorder ??!

I think i know the answer.....you'll just damn regret your DECISION...

Man i took RoAccutane when i was 14 years old , do you know what that means ? I was a kid and didn't know all about these RARE side effects ..

My derm told me that RARE side effects may happen like dryness of the nose, lips and skin.....Are those RARE ?

Now i'm 18 years old with a face full of white heads, red marks and YEAH i'm suffering from cognitive problems caused by RoAccutane...

{Acne after Accutane + chronic disorder caused by it = DOES IT WORTH IT }

So i hope you understand what we are doing here ...... I don't want anyone get fooled by positive experiences and don't know anything about negative experiences.....

Good luck with your accutane journey .....

Edited by KHRESHEH

oh shit watch out its the Accutane police. Same people posting the same bullshit about Accutane, swear to god. Theres like a handful of lurkers on this forum that make people believe they will come out of this experience with a dysfunctional penis feeling overly depressed, bald and can't shit properly. It's not the case.

I don't know how what I posted is bullshit. I never claimed that everyone who uses it will end up with bad side effects. And I know I'm in the minority and it's unlikely to happen to others. That still doesn't change the fact that it can happen. And I feel that someone who is conisdering accutane should read about some bad experiences rather than just a list of of side effects on pamphlet.

And besides, no one ever complains when people make posts about how great accutane is and how they would recommend it. I don't see how this is any different.

wasn't talking towards you lol..

^^

Man i took RoAccutane when i was 14 years old , do you know what that means ? I was a kid and didn't know all about these RARE side effects ..

My derm told me that RARE side effects may happen like dryness of the nose, lips and skin.....Are those RARE ?

Now i'm 18 years old with a face full of white heads, red marks and YEAH i'm suffering from cognitive problems caused by RoAccutane...

So i hope you understand what we are doing here ...... I don't want anyone get fooled by positive experiences and don't know anything about negative experiences.....

You took Accutane when you were 14. That's like a starting age for acne in some people. Your right, your derm was an idiot for putting you on Accutane at such a young age (more chance of relapse). And when did you discover this chronic disorder? I think everyone knows the positive and the negative. Everyone most likely researches or should research any drug they are about to take.

^^

You took Accutane when you were 14. That's like a starting age for acne in some people. Your right, your derm was an idiot for putting you on Accutane at such a young age (more chance of relapse). And when did you discover this chronic disorder? I think everyone knows the positive and the negative. Everyone most likely researches or should research any drug they are about to take.

If you are talking about USA and Europe , then yea everyone knows about this drug.

But in the middle east , Africa and Asia not everyone knows about this drug and alot of derms out here put acne sufferers on Accutane and they don't know what's going on with thier bodies..

links please ?

Lol there aren't really any links. I have a biochemical background so I know a thing or two about chemical compounds. It has to do with stereochemistry which is the spatial arrangement of an atom within a compound.

Uhm mabye I should go get a biochem background and then appear to know more then Roche themselves who even claim the mechinisms are unknown. Dude, everyone suffers from Vit A toxicity when taking accutane, some are unlucky and have thier issues permanent! Like who died and made you the accutane expert lol! I must say though you do state certian things and have nothing to back it up!

Though I can see why you have the attitude you do now, as you escaped any issues from Accutane.

People who think that thoose who have developed Chron's or UC are full of it, better know your facts! As once again it has been proven in court and thier are public documents and trials that showed Roche knew before they put the drug on the market Accutanes profound effect on the gut and choose not to release the info. Yes, Erctile dysfunction has been documented and reported since the 80's!

Lastly to my Accutane Suffers I feel your pain, I do, but try and save your energy to 1 help yourself and 2 for other suffers.

Yeah mods when did people get to start qouting thngs and not having to post links, I remember a couple of people 1 banned for that and 2 given a lot of grief for not posting links. Just a thought

Edited by oli girl

links please ?

Uhm mabye I should go get a biochem background and then appear to know more then Roche themselves who even claim the mechinisms are unknown. Dude, everyone suffers from Vit A toxicity when taking accutane, some are unlucky and have thier issues permanent! Like who died and made you the accutane expert lol! I must say though you do state certian things and have nothing to back it up!

Though I can see why you have the attitude you do now, as you escaped any issues from Accutane.

People who think that thoose who have developed Chron's or UC are full of it, better know your facts! As once again it has been proven in court and thier are public documents and trials that showed Roche knew before they put the drug on the market Accutanes profound effect on the gut and choose not to release the info. Yes, Erctile dysfunction has been documented and reported since the 80's!

Lastly to my Accutane Suffers I feel your pain, I do, but try and save your energy to 1 help yourself and 2 for other suffers.

Yeah mods when did people get to start qouting thngs and not having to post links, I remember a couple of people 1 banned for that and 2 given a lot of grief for not posting links. Just a thought

It seems you are well educated girl ;)

I really respect your point of view...

Great talk though...

Edited by KHRESHEH

links please ?

Listen, and listen to me good. I have never claimed that I'm an accutane expert. Not once. I have never claimed that accutane doesn't cause certain, long lasting health issues- it definitely does. Not once. I have never claimed that I know more than Roche. Not once. I never claimed that isotretinoin patients don't experience side effects similar to those of vitamin A toxicity. Not once. However, there is a reason why accutane isn't straight vitamin A. Need a link for that? Oh that's right, YOU are the accutane expert on this board. Sorry, I shouldn't have questioned your deep scientific background. Could you refresh me why they don't put straight vitamin A in the pill? I've seem to have forgotten. A link would suffice.

I simply like to point out certain inconsistencies. You LOVE to sit in front of a computer and find articles on the internet, and educate yourself on the world wide web. This is why you're so obsessed with everyone backing their statements up with links from the internet. You want proof in the form of a link. The world wide web is RIGHT about everything, yep...absolutely everything you read online is correct. Guess what my proof is? I'm enrolled and have completed ACS (look up that certification if you need some proof, bub) certified courses at higher institution of learning called a university. I've learned to not rely on the internet for my factual information.

Move on. Accutane caused some problems for you and that's unfortunate. Don't sit online all day looking for links to better "educate" yourself. Go enroll in some courses at a college and then come back on here to talk to me. Concentrate your energy on ways to alleviate your side effects.

By the way, I never commented on the mechanism by which accutane works. I simply stated that its not vitamin A, because its not. Its similar, but its not. What else do you want me to say? I never stated that isotretinoin does this, this and this.

Edited by Fred Q

Everyone who keeps telling her to take Accutane, you MUST watch this video. You might think twice about grabbing a bottle of Accutane when you get a new zit.....

wow i never took accutane but i heard it work wonders... i guess thats a lie

i cant view any videos-computer issues. can you please give a summary of what the video is about?

The video shows a guy with a very bad reaction to Accutane. He later explains that it was an allergic reaction to it. No one else has ever reported it before. It is extremely rare.

oli girl, people don't get banned for making statements without links for support. People get banned for breaking board rules.

The overall tone is getting hostile again so this thread is locked for now. It will be opened in the future after everyone has cooled off.

That is a VERY RARE allergic reaction. It can happen with pretty much any substance. Just because eating peanut butter sent someone to the hospital does that mean we should all avoid it? NO

Edited by Rattina89

Okay so NOTHINGworks on my face and i just dont know what to do.

My derm. wanted to put me on Accutane for my moderate acne but i told him 'nooo way.'

Now looking around here i'm starting to warm up to the idea a little more, but still...

I honestly want clear skin more than anybody i know, its aaalll i think about 24/7. I know, how depressing? Ha, but seriously the thought of Accutane just terrifies me.

I mean theres possibly an awful initial breakout to go through, joint pain, hair thinning, nose bleeds, depression (like im not already depressed enough about my face) haha. So those are some seriousss side effects to think about. And theres also all the blood tests (which i am the HUGEST baby when it comes to needles) pregnancy tests, birth control pills, and aaaallll of that fun stuff to deal with.

But then again, im dying to finally have clear skin.

WHAT TO DO??

How did Accutane go for you? Is it worth it..?

Okay so NOTHINGworks on my face and i just dont know what to do.

My derm. wanted to put me on Accutane for my moderate acne but i told him 'nooo way.'

Now looking around here i'm starting to warm up to the idea a little more, but still...

I honestly want clear skin more than anybody i know, its aaalll i think about 24/7. I know, how depressing? Ha, but seriously the thought of Accutane just terrifies me.

I mean theres possibly an awful initial breakout to go through, joint pain, hair thinning, nose bleeds, depression (like im not already depressed enough about my face) haha. So those are some seriousss side effects to think about. And theres also all the blood tests (which i am the HUGEST baby when it comes to needles) pregnancy tests, birth control pills, and aaaallll of that fun stuff to deal with.

But then again, im dying to finally have clear skin.

WHAT TO DO??

How did Accutane go for you? Is it worth it..?

It's worth it if you want cancer and liver problems in the future.

I am cured of acne the symptom and you and anyone else can be too.

It involves the liver, lymphatic system, blood, etc etc.

I do have a cure in my own thread but I can't ask you to look at it because that would be against board rules.

i have read a lot of things on diff topics on this site and other places about accutane. i know people get good results, but then in the future, even 2 years later after being off it , end up with SO many health problems. ive even read about people who say "it has ruined my life and if i can go back to the days when i had acne but good health, i would". it scares me that it is a chemotherapy drug, so its going to usually affect other things in the body other than what you are trying to treat (acne). trust me, im the same way. always thinking about my acne, wanting a clear face! but im so scared of accutane lol. the other thing about accutane is they have a law suit commercial for people who are getting money back for all the health problems they developed after taking accutane. so if i were you, i would be careful =)

Guest Timehealsall

this really depends on the person. If your acne is scarring (pits) accutane might be a viable solution. If not, and its just an annoyance, you might want to consider other methods.

I'm another one of those people that regrets it. I had pretty bad acne that was leaving scars. My acne is now fairly mild, but I have bad sides 9 months after finishing the course. I would gladly take my scarring acne to go back to the way I was before accutane.

One other thing that would be worth trying is drinking lemon juice (mixing it with water). There's actually a review of it here under the review section. It only has 158 reviews or so, but the majority are overwhelmingly positive.

Edited by dont_do_it

I mean theres possibly an awful initial breakout to go through, joint pain, hair thinning, nose bleeds, depression (like im not already depressed enough about my face) haha. So those are some seriousss side effects to think about.

Isotretinoin side effects are dosage-based. 10mg of isotretinoin is a completely different story than 60mg or 80mg isotretinoin. In US there is a tendency to use high and very high doses.

The drug is very serious though, but it's hard to convince someone who is fighting with acne for several years .

U know the side effects, but deep down inside u still want to take the drug because u think it's "the one".

Well it's not, in most cases acne will come back sooner or later. Mine came back 6 months after full force + I'm having irritated bowel syndrome symptoms. Also, the drug is very expensive, real money drain.

Edited by VanceAstro