Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sareliz

Antibiotics... Possible Quick-Fix or Epic Fail? =/

SO.

Murphy's Law is a bitch. Lately my skin has been better in that I hadn't gotten a cyst in awhile, only 'regular zits'. However, all of a sudden today I felt an enormous hard lump under the skin on my right cheek. Yep. Right in the middle of my face. I have to act in a school production of Cinderella on Monday and Tuesday playing the lead role. Now I have to face the audience with this huge cyst on my face. I really hate this. Worst timing everrrr.

I had a semi-breakdown earlier today during play rehearsal, and I'm still freaking out right now. It's so frustrating to get cysts because you know they're there for a loooong time. So my mom finally gave in and while I can't get a derm appointment, I am going to the regular doctor tomorrow. We are going to try and get some antibiotics like Doxy or Tetra. I would really love to try a cortisone injection, but I can't get into the derm's. :[

I've been icing the spot all afternoon and I'm still doing it now, but it doesn't seem to be helping at ALL. This sucks SO bad. Horrible, horrible timing.

So, I was wondering, do people ever use antibiotics to fight sudden breakouts? I thought it was for continuous use but my mom tells me otherwise... How bad are the IBs? How quickly did you see results?

HELP!

Come on... somebody..? :[

The ice didn't help at all. It got bigger and redder and yet it sill doesn't even hurt. Which means it's going to be massive, of course. This SUCKS. It's so unfair. I don't care how stupid it sounds, it's true. Nobody asks for this shit to happen to them. I know I certainly don't. I don't want to be beautiful, I just want to be fucking NORMAL. IS that really SO much to ask for? Evidently, it is, because I've been asking for it for years now and my face still keeps getting breakouts. Perpetual breakouts, actually. And these huge-ass cysts that won't fucking go away for months. I'm SICK of it. And I can't get a fucking cortisone injection for it because the dermatologist is backed up for a fucking month. And the family doctor isn't going to give me one, obviously. Just some stupid antibiotics that aren't going to do shit.

I HATE this. I hate having absolutely NO control over what the fuck happens on my face. I have no choice in whether I get to look okay or not. That's all I want, to look OKAY. I'm tired of crying every day and night over my FACE. It's pathetic. But I can't help it. I can't do anything else to fix it, so why not just cry? It's gonna happen anyway whether I want to or not.

Normally, I would be upset but I would deal with it like I usually do. But in this case, it feels so CRUEL. I hadn't had a cyst in a while, so I thought maybe I was doing something right. And then, as soon as I make plans to hang out with my boyfriend Saturday, and I have to perform in a play Monday and Tuesday, THAT'S when I get a cyst. It's so fucked up. It's like my face KNEW this was the worst possible time to break out like this. Regular zits don't bother me-- I know they will go away soon and even if they last a week they don't look that bad. But these stupid cysts don't go away for months. And this one is huge and red. And it doesn't even HURT yet. What the fuck?? What am I supposed to do? It's a ticking time bomb on my face. Everyone can see it, it's right in the middle of my face. Icing had no effect, nor did Ibuprofen, and last time I had a cyst awhile back, I was able to kill it this way. But not this one, of course. Not when it actually really matters for me to look normal.

Is it even possible for a family doctor to administer a cortisone shot into this monster??

If it is, I'm going to do it. I'm going to beg him to shoot this sucker in the face. I can't deal with the feeling of something hideous growing on my face and making itself comfortable for months on end. :[ Not now. It could have happened next week and it would have been fine. But no. It had to happen NOW at the worst possible time because I have the shittiest luck in the world.

Seriously, when I really think about it, I can't believe this is real. Like... acne is real. Cysts are real. They fuck up real people's lives. Not just mine either-- perfectly deserving, GOOD people are backed into corners and forced to tears and desperation and even suicide over this stupid, unnecessary shit. Doctors need to figure out what the fucking cure to this is because it's not just some petty vanity issue. It's a full-blown disease and needs to be treated as such. I'm tired of feeling like there are no answers. There has to be one, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone knew it. If some laboratory somewhere knows the cure, they need to make it public. No one should have to suffer like this... it's terrible.

I mean, you're telling me we can do organ transplants and stitch people back together, but we can't cure acne? It just doesn't seem to compute right in my head. We've got figure this shit out. Life is too short to spend it worrying about red spots on your face. But you can't just tell someone to ignore it-- the evidence is right there, literally IN YOUR FACE every day. I wake up and the first thing I think about is 'oh no did I break out more overnight??' I avoid hanging out with friends and even my boyfriend whom I adore because I don't want them to see my hideous face. I'm losing my life over this problem, and I want it to STOP.

Anyway, I would appreciate it if someone answered my questions, please...

Come on... somebody..? :[

The ice didn't help at all. It got bigger and redder and yet it sill doesn't even hurt. Which means it's going to be massive, of course. This SUCKS. It's so unfair. I don't care how stupid it sounds, it's true. Nobody asks for this shit to happen to them. I know I certainly don't. I don't want to be beautiful, I just want to be fucking NORMAL. IS that really SO much to ask for? Evidently, it is, because I've been asking for it for years now and my face still keeps getting breakouts. Perpetual breakouts, actually. And these huge-ass cysts that won't fucking go away for months. I'm SICK of it. And I can't get a fucking cortisone injection for it because the dermatologist is backed up for a fucking month. And the family doctor isn't going to give me one, obviously. Just some stupid antibiotics that aren't going to do shit.

I HATE this. I hate having absolutely NO control over what the fuck happens on my face. I have no choice in whether I get to look okay or not. That's all I want, to look OKAY. I'm tired of crying every day and night over my FACE. It's pathetic. But I can't help it. I can't do anything else to fix it, so why not just cry? It's gonna happen anyway whether I want to or not.

Normally, I would be upset but I would deal with it like I usually do. But in this case, it feels so CRUEL. I hadn't had a cyst in a while, so I thought maybe I was doing something right. And then, as soon as I make plans to hang out with my boyfriend Saturday, and I have to perform in a play Monday and Tuesday, THAT'S when I get a cyst. It's so fucked up. It's like my face KNEW this was the worst possible time to break out like this. Regular zits don't bother me-- I know they will go away soon and even if they last a week they don't look that bad. But these stupid cysts don't go away for months. And this one is huge and red. And it doesn't even HURT yet. What the fuck?? What am I supposed to do? It's a ticking time bomb on my face. Everyone can see it, it's right in the middle of my face. Icing had no effect, nor did Ibuprofen, and last time I had a cyst awhile back, I was able to kill it this way. But not this one, of course. Not when it actually really matters for me to look normal.

Is it even possible for a family doctor to administer a cortisone shot into this monster??

If it is, I'm going to do it. I'm going to beg him to shoot this sucker in the face. I can't deal with the feeling of something hideous growing on my face and making itself comfortable for months on end. :[ Not now. It could have happened next week and it would have been fine. But no. It had to happen NOW at the worst possible time because I have the shittiest luck in the world.

Seriously, when I really think about it, I can't believe this is real. Like... acne is real. Cysts are real. They fuck up real people's lives. Not just mine either-- perfectly deserving, GOOD people are backed into corners and forced to tears and desperation and even suicide over this stupid, unnecessary shit. Doctors need to figure out what the fucking cure to this is because it's not just some petty vanity issue. It's a full-blown disease and needs to be treated as such. I'm tired of feeling like there are no answers. There has to be one, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone knew it. If some laboratory somewhere knows the cure, they need to make it public. No one should have to suffer like this... it's terrible.

I mean, you're telling me we can do organ transplants and stitch people back together, but we can't cure acne? It just doesn't seem to compute right in my head. We've got figure this shit out. Life is too short to spend it worrying about red spots on your face. But you can't just tell someone to ignore it-- the evidence is right there, literally IN YOUR FACE every day. I wake up and the first thing I think about is 'oh no did I break out more overnight??' I avoid hanging out with friends and even my boyfriend whom I adore because I don't want them to see my hideous face. I'm losing my life over this problem, and I want it to STOP.

Anyway, I would appreciate it if someone answered my questions, please...

sorry, but ill be the first to response eventho a month has passed. antibiotic is not a quick fix. nothing is. to answer your other question, YES they did find a cure for acne, its Accutane. im not on it though i believe its the true cure for now. my derm wont presribe me with it since i have mild acne. but i strongly believe it will cure my disease, ACNE!!! im on a mission to get on it, my life depends on it. i feel u, i fucking hate acne, whether its severe or mild, its a fuking disease that ruins people lives.

-best hopes and wishes