Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Going to rant a bit here.

I spent A LOT of money on Accutane. It worked. For a few months after I stopped, anyway. My skin is back to being acne-prone and breaking out all over the place. Isn't that great? I feel fucking jipped, I wish I could get a refund. I thought Tane was supposed to "permanently" dry up the sebaceous glands; I guess not. I was so worried about it coming back, and it happened to me. I just happen to be one of the lucky "rare cases", I guess. AWESOME. So now I'm trying Proactiv for the second or third time and I'm breaking out even more. Huge zits that'll just leave more red marks to try to cover up with makeup.

Oh, and the whole "massive breakout" thing happened after I tried using tea tree oil. That crap RUINED MY FACE. It was terrible, and it's taking forever to recover.

I hate my skin so much. :|

Why did you use the TTO may I ask? And give accutane another shot.. The more cycles the less acne will come back from what I hear. (I'd research that though since I don't know for a fact.)

I heard tea tree oil was good for the skin, and I'd been breaking out just mildly before using it. After using it, however, it's like it screwed up my whole balance. My skin's been getting worse ever since I used it, even though I stopped. I should have just left the mild stuff alone, but nope...

And I'm not sure I want to drop another $600+ on something that might only possibly work.

i had the same results with Accutane. my doctor told me it would kill the cells that cause the cystic acne. didn't happen. i was on it for 2 cycles and each time, once i got off of it, they came back. so now i am using dan's regimen. only been on it for 2 days but already seeing improvement. good luck!!!