Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bob83

for those of you seeing a dermatologist/plastic surgeon for your scarring

I know some of you regularly see a dermatologist/plastic surgeon for your scarring and I was wondering how you found them? I mean I can search the yellow pages and that type of thing but I live in a fairly big city and there are so many dermatologists and plastic surgeons that I cant figure out who to call. I doubt my insurance will cover much of the visits so i dont want to go to 25 different places looking for someone i like.

Did you just pick randomly? or get recommendations from others? or just pick the closest one? or the Dr. with the coolest sounding name?

I've decided that I need to go see a doctor about my scarring because i need it to go away and nothing i have been using has really worked.

Also, has your experience in dealing with your scarring been better with dermatologist offices of plastic surgeons offices?

I live near Atlanta, GA if anyone has any recommendations

I know some of you regularly see a dermatologist/plastic surgeon for your scarring and I was wondering how you found them? I mean I can search the yellow pages and that type of thing but I live in a fairly big city and there are so many dermatologists and plastic surgeons that I cant figure out who to call. I doubt my insurance will cover much of the visits so i dont want to go to 25 different places looking for someone i like.

Did you just pick randomly? or get recommendations from others? or just pick the closest one? or the Dr. with the coolest sounding name?

I've decided that I need to go see a doctor about my scarring because i need it to go away and nothing i have been using has really worked.

Also, has your experience in dealing with your scarring been better with dermatologist offices of plastic surgeons offices?

I asked my long-time dermatologist to perform subcision and the TCA Cross Method on my scars.

I had been a patient of his for about six years and finally decided to do something about my unsightly scars.

If you don't have a dermatologist already and no one responds back to this thread, I would suggest that you do a Google Search for subcision + dermatologist - Atlanta or just go through the phone book like you were planning on doing.

Unless you need surgery on your scars (i.e. excision, punch elevation), I would stick with a dermatologist. If you need surgery, I would go with a plastic surgeon as they receive a lot more training with suturing, etc.

Just my thoughts. Anyone else have some thoughts to share?

I live near Atlanta, GA if anyone has any recommendations

thanks man, i appreciate it.

i had a dermatologist years ago, but it is not realistic to go there still because of the distance. i havent been to a dermatologist in at least 3-4 years though.

i guess maybe i will attempt to make appointments with 2-3 different dermatologists as i think it is best to get a variety of opinions anyway. hopefully the cost of these visits wont be too much since i wont be getting anything done initially. then i can simply pick the one i like the best and consider them my regular dermatologist from now on.

some of the dermatologist offices around here actually have a plastic surgeon on staff that does consulting work for them. i understand that if surgery is required i will look into plastic surgeons. there are a ton of them around here, but that will come later.