Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mkm1022

Is Whey Protein Isolate Product the best?

I have seen where people say that Whey Protein Concentrate is not pure and Whey Protein Isolate is a lot more pure and does not aggravate acne. I found this brand from a poster on here and it looks pretty good: http://www.i-supplements.com/isolyze.html

Heres a description:

ISOLYZE has no carbohydrates, no lactose (milk sugar), and no fat. It's the purest and most biogically available source of whey protein on the planet.

At SPECIES, we use a sophisticated cold filtration system that carefully separates out the delicate whey protein without damaging it. This procedure has the added benefit of preserving 3 valuable components of whey-- immunoglobins, lactoferrins, and glycomacropeptides--that are necessary for optimal immune system function and protein synthesis reactions.

Its only ingredients are:

1. Whey Protein Isolate Cold-Filtered using a micro filtration process

2. Sucralose

3. Acesulfame K

4. Gum Arabic

5. Natural and Artificial Flavor

6. Silicone Dioxide (anti-caking agent)

It is pretty much a pure 27g protein with 40mg Sodium and 15% DV of Calcium. So is this a good Whey Protein supplement for weightlifting or are there any things in there that might aggravate my acne?

Funny how that's an isolate and they list their ingredients as "its only ingredients are.." when there are 6 of them. IMO, if you want the safest whey protein in terms of acne, go for a pure isolate; only ingredient: Whey Protein Isolate (also look for undenatured as well).