Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pana16

need some advices about fiber and other stuffs

Hi there, so basically i'm trying to go on a low carbs, gluten free, sugar free, dairy free, anti candida diet :wacko: but sometimes I can't follows it strictly... Sometimes I eat high carbs meals :shhh:

I heard that high fiber diet lowers blood glucose by slowing metabolism of carbs, so I just want to know which kind of food/vegetable/fruit/etc (no pills/supplement please) has the fiber that I need and correspond with my "mega-diet"...

And how should I take it? when should I take it? etc

Any other tips about what to do when I cannot follow the diet as I suppose to? :snooty:

Thanks a lot ;)

tbh I cannot understand why you would do such a restrictive diet. Not only are you going to have a really hard time sticking to this diet (daily), you will also likely be mixing nutrients. You also are just less likely to stick to it long term, its like crash dieting. Unless you have legitimate medical concern there really isnt a reason to do all this. Just eat less of the carbs, sugars, etc. If you still want to do this "mega-diet" you should probably only eliminate one food group at a time (like one each month or two) so you don't stop eating something that you dont have a bad reaction to. It will, hopefully, allow you to have more variation in your diet (assuming that not all these things are causing issues)

If you do not choose to do this diet why dont you try replacing carbs that you do eat with healthier alternatives like sprouted grain breads, quinoa, millet, barley, sprouted pasta, etc. that way you will be getting a good amount of fiber and nutrients while avoiding simple carbs. Getting enough fiber without supplements from just fruits and vegetables is very difficult, you have to eat a ton.

Fruits and veggies you can eat... http://www.nutritiondata.com/ I cannot think of anything off the top of my head, but that website is great.

I heard that high fiber diet lowers blood glucose by slowing metabolism of carbs, so I just want to know which kind of food/vegetable/fruit/etc (no pills/supplement please) has the fiber that I need and correspond with my "mega-diet"...

Great low-carb sources of fiber are leafy green veggies (of which you should be eating plenty), and avocados, which have 9g fiber/fruit. You can also look into getting a fiber supplement like psyllium husk.

And how should I take it? when should I take it? etc

It doesn't really matter; just try to keep your fiber intake consistent on a day-to-day basis.

Any other tips about what to do when I cannot follow the diet as I suppose to? :snooty:

It sounds like you have a carbohydrate addiction. I used to have this as well, but I've managed to get rid of it.

Addiction or not, it's hard to quit eating carbs cold turkey and expect good results. I suggest adopting a 1/2 carb diet for a week or two to help you transition into low-carb dieting.

(A 1/2 carb diet is a diet where you abstain from carbs for half the day, and eat carbs the other half. Typically you do this by having a low-carb breakfast and lunch, and as many carbs as you want after about 3 P.M.)