Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pleaseeee

Dry Skin & Flaking on Accutane

Hey guys, i am a 15 year old boy, freshmen in highschool, and i have been on 80mg of Clararivs for 13 days now...

I Haven't really had any side effects that really bothered me until this, My skin i guess is really dry around my chin, and upper lip, and it will flake and look disgusting, and it is really embaressing in school, or in public. It seems whenever i move my mouth a lot, or especially EAT anything, my chin and upper lip will all flake up, and it is gross, it feels like my skin is cracking. I Use moisturizer in the morning and at night, it does make it a lot better than it is without the moisturizer, but still doesn't like stop all of the flaking, and i really would like to be able to move my mouth whenever i want, and as much as i want, if this is possible...

So IDK, if anyones had anything similar, what did you do? anyone know how i could stop this from happenning, any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

I have the same problem. And did when I was on Accutane, too. The only thing I was able to do is carry moisturizer with me and apply it when needed. Other than that, there isn't a whole lot that you can do but wait for it to pass. I know, it sucks.

God damnit,

It really sucks, its like so gross, and disgusting, i have a feeling when the acne on my chin clears up, it will stop flaking so much, but who knows when that will be, i have to like look down, and can't look at people in the face, I HATE IT !!

I'm on tane right now too and the area on top of my upper lip is also the flakiest - why is that? Anyway, to answer your question, you'll have to moisturize throughout the day, not just AM/PM. Carry a small tube of Cerave or similar with you along with a small mirror and apply every 2 hours or so. Good luck.