Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
absolution

Clusters of zits

Hey everyone

So after Accutane, my acne began to come back but instead of hard under the skin bumps I get pretty nasty whiteheads.

The weird thing is, these whiteheads pop up in a row SO OFTEN. Just yesterday, I got a row of three whiteheads. They all began to appear at the same time, theyre painful and sort of itchy, and theyre in a PERFECT VERTICAL LINE around my cheekbone.

Anyone know why this would be happening??

How long were you on accutane? What is your current regime? It could just be your body settling down after the medication? I'm not too sure I'm in my 4th month and I still get the occasional pimple.

I was on a high dose of accutane for about five and a half months, which ended June of last year. Now Im taking Spironolactone, but my skin was doing this weird cluster thing even before that. Im going to go back on Accutane though, I have my first derm appointment for it next wednesday

Clusters of whiteheads or blackheads have been noted in medical journals. In the severest form of acne, acne conglobata, comedomes (blackheads) are frequently found in clusters of twos and threes, and I don't think anyone really knows why.

Joe Zit

Finally someone who knows what Im talking about!

That is so weird though. I guess I will deal with it until I get on Accutane again :confused: