Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LDM16

LDM16s Accutane Log

Hey, just like nearly everybody who has been on accutane, ive tried all kinds of topicals and perscriptions but I'm just going to skip over all that. I've had acne for 8 years now and it has taken its toll on me that's for sure. Especially these past 2 years of college, I've been reather down because of acne and often dont even feel like going out with my friends. Well my derm finally said its time for accutane. I'm very excited to get started (and finished lol).

So here is the plan:

My derm perscribed me 40 mg taken twice daily. When I got my perscritpion I got Claravis (not accutane but the same thing).

Using Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser.

Using Aquafor, Aveeno, and Neosporin chapsticks.

Moisturizing with Purpose spf15 for the day, and Aveeno ultra calming redness relief at night.

I also bought I drops and nose sprays.

I am taking fish oil and glucosamine chondroitin MSM complex pills to prevent/releive any joint pain.

I am also trying to up my water intake to remain hydrated.

I just took my first pill earlier today! I cant wait to see the results.

Any tips would be helpful. Thanks.

Day 2

I don't feel any different. I've had a headache today but im pretty sure it's due to a lack of sleep from studying all night. I used the purpose spf15 moisturizer today for the first time and it seemed decent. I'm guessing I'll start getting dry skin and lips about a week into the course. Currently my face is not too bad. Only a few actives.

Day 3

Still nothing new. I broke out a little tonight but not too bad. The skin on my nose is starting to peel off but my skin does not feel dry at all. Last night I got really drunk but didnt feel any different that I usually do when i drink. I didnt go out tonight because I want to cut back on the drinking because of accutane. I wonder when I'm going to get dry lips and less oil production. What do you guys think?

Day 7 (One week!)

So it's been one week! My face looks good at the moment. Have not had an IB *knocks on wood*. My lips are starting to get slightly chapped and my face is a tiny bit dry. One thing I've noticed is my scalp is starting to itch like crazy. Besides that not too much new. I've been hitting the gym intensely almost everyday on tane so far with no problems.

If your scalp is starting to itch, you may want to find a hydrating shampoo to help relieve the itching and prevent flaking.

hopefully your course continues on lovely.

If your scalp is starting to itch, you may want to find a hydrating shampoo to help relieve the itching and prevent flaking.

hopefully your course continues on lovely.

I'm going to go buy some Head and Shoulders Shampoo to help combat this. The last think I want is acne + dandruff lol.

Day 8

The skin on my face is starting to get pretty dry. Also, my nostrils seemed to be drying up. My lips are continuing to dry as well. Looks like I'm starting to get the typical drying side effects. Oh well I can deal with it, its not too bad. I broke out somewhat today but not that bad. If i didn't pick at these 2 small ones my face would be looking good :wall: Hopefully my skin heals for this weekend. I have an interview with an Engineering firm next week and I want to look good! I need a summer internship!

You sound like my fiance- he is looking for a new IS Engineering internship this summer. And you sound like me, as I will be on Accutane, too. :cool: It sounds like your first week is going good. Some people get their IB's quick, but hopefully you won't have one at all. Wouldn't that be great? Keep us informed about every small thing because to everyone reading these, it really helps in their experiences.

Good luck!

Day 9

Breaking out! Well today I broke out worse than I have since I began accutane. Its got me down and in a bad mood. I have 2 cysts on my chin and lots of marks red marks. I'm pissed cause I break out right before the weekend and I'll probably have red marks all over my face for my interview on this Tuesday. S.O.B!

Day 10

Breaking out horrible. My face looks like a war zone. My skin is so dry and peeling all over my face, head, and ears. I'm getting really pissed off about it. I need my face to heal in 3 days for my interview.

Day 12

First off, thanks for the good luck wishes. My breakout has calmed down and is now healing up some. My face is extremely dry and my lips are a desert. My face isnt dry after I apply my moisturizer at night (aveeno ultra calming redness relief), but it is during the day (purpose moisturizer with spf 15). My interview is in 2 days!

Day 15

My interview went extremely well. The person inteviewing me said he is very interested in me. So that makes me happy.

My face has improved alot these past few days. My face is no longer super oily which has always been a major problem for me. Hopefully things keep getting better!

Day 18

Well my face is no longer oily, not at all which is awesome. My face cleared up alot a few days ago, about the best it has looked in a LONG time and then the past 2 days boom, breakout. Not too bad but still depressing. I just want it to clear up. I have a feeling that after another week my face will clear up a decent amount and it will continue to get better.

And I got my internship!!! So that is something to make me happy.

Day 19

Freaking pissed at my skin. It starts getting better a few days ago and now it looks like shit, again. Perfect. Just what I need going into finals week. I can't win.

Day 76

Its been a long time since i posted cause I dont have the internet at home. Skin has been up and down. Its starting to get a lil better lately. Hopefully I will continue to see improvement every week.