Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mkm1022

Healthy muscle building supplements to take that do not trigger more acne?

I was just wondering what is okay to take that will help you gain muscle, but not cause you to have more acne? Are just regular protein bars okay or has anyone found a good supplement that has not caused them to break out? Any tips? Thanks!

whey protein isolate is probably the safest. You are playing with fire when you start to add more than that.

Agreed - whey protein ftw.

Okay thank you. Have any of you actually tried taking protein bars while working out before?

Whatever you do, don't take creatine. I wholeheartedly believe that creatine triggered my acne. I was good up until December 2008, when I thought it would be a good idea to start taking creatine. While I did notice a significant boost in my workouts, I broke out one month later and haven't stopped since. :( I obviously stopped the creatine immediately, and I no longer get cysts. But now I get annoying pimples on my chees and they leave marks.

whey protein isolate is probably the safest. You are playing with fire when you start to add more than that.

Agreed - whey protein ftw.

Have you tried L-glutamine? It is supposed to be good for muscle recovery. It's also supposed to be really good for the digestive system, which potentially could help with acne.

Use whey isolate. When you use concentrates it has a lot of other junk in it that can be hard for your body to digest. Stay thee hell away from creatine like he said. Also nitric oxide boosters cause inflammation, therefore causing acne. In all seriousness man, you don't need much more than the isolate. Just eat healthy with lots of protein from chicken, eggs, and your isolate shakes and a lot of vegetables and work hard and you'll build. It's about timing your nutrients and keeping a caloric intake above your BMR.

does anybody have tried nectar from syntrax im thinking about trying it since right now im in on gold standar and i started to developedo small pimples can i anybody elp me ples

If you have the money for it, wheyabolic extreme 60 from gnc has been awesome for me...Im just a beginner and its really been helping after only 3 weeks. This wont break you out, and lactose is my biggest enemy.

I have been lifting for years and have taken multiple supps but when I went on Accutane I stopped them all. After a few weeks my skin was 100 percent clear so I started experimenting to see what supps would break me out and what wouldnt. I take every pill with muscle milk shake and although it has lots of sat fat I havent gotten any breakout at all. I also take nitro core 24 which is a blend of 10 different proteins and of course if u are a guy no soy of any kind ever. As far as test boosters I was very nervous to start but because my hair started running away while on tane and I started propecia I knew I would need an estrogen blocker. My favorite Formadrol broke my skin out and quick. Got off that and was once again perfectly clear. I then went back to a quality product made by a quality company. T Bomb2 by MHP. I have not had any breakout at all and have been on for 3 weeks. Glutamine comes in nitro 24 and no problems with that.

Good luck