Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mistylou

Will this ever end?

I am brand new to this site, I've been dealing with moderate acne for about the past 8 years. I first started getting acne at about 24, I am now 32. Acne is taking over my life, there are some days I don't even want to leave the house. I shy away from my boyfriend, I don't want to hit the gym. I am very healthy, I eat a well balanced diet, no fried foods, I eat tons of fruits and veggies. I finally had enough and I went to a dermatologist. He prescribed me Duac and Tetracycline. I have seen significant improvement but I am still seeing some cystic like acne on my cheeks. I apply the Duac to them but it seems to take almost 10 days to clear them up. Is this normal? Has anyone else had any luck with any other topicals? I also have experienced some red marks left over from old acne. Any ideas on how to get rid of this or subside it? Thanks for any advice you have to offer.

I have the same problem. Im almost twenty five. My zits just seem to linger forever. Aqua Glycolic Cleanser and SkinCeuticals Clarifying Cleansers have helped me.

Hi,

I too am new to this site. I'm 36 and feel the same as you. I tend to avoid activities I like if I have a breakout... this is often. I recently went to the derm and she gave me Ziana gel, Spironolactone (helps w/ the hormonal breakouts) and Minocycline. It has been 1 month and I have noticed that my pores are clearing out! BUT, the red marks are there. I'm hoping that they will fade with time since the Ziana gel makes you flaky and the skin has a quick turn over rate. I'm wearing a lot of sunscreen so they won't get any darker. I'm soooo sick of dealing with zits and being forced to wear a ton of make up....

I used to have severe cystic acne and it turned out to be an allergic reaction. And yes, they took a really long time to heal. Which is why it's really hard to connect them to a food. Because they take so long to come and go, I always had them.

Hello!

Just wanted to drop by and give a little support like everyone else! Like many of the previous replies I am also older, will be 27 next month, and still struggling with my face! 3 weeks ago I went to the dermatologist after having a terrible cystic breakout since December 08. She prescribed DUAC for the morning and ZIANA for the evening. )I'm keeping a log in Personal Regimen>Topical Retinoids). I'm liking both medicines pretty well, still breaking out a little bit but it's early in the regimen. Much like you, I feel SO insecure around my boyfriend and my friends. I've recently started opening up about my insecurities with my bf, and it's helped a little, but it's still hard! We're all our own worst critics. But hang in there, keep us updated, I'd love to hear how you're doing with the Duac.

Hey, I completely understand how upsetting all this is. I am right there with you. It STINKS!

I don't have any advice on products (because the only thing that cleared up my cystic acne was accutane), but I just wanted to offer you some support. You are not alone!