Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, here is my story. I started to get acne around the age of 12 or 13. My first breakout was severe on my upper cheeks and forehead. That is when I went to the dermatologist and was prescribed Brevoxyl cream. The pimples went down overnight. Well, to make a long story short.. I've been going to the dermatologist on and off since then and I am now 27. At one point, I used Retin-A for a few years. It worked great, but eventually it didn't work as well and every so often, I try to self-treat with some success. Before using the Retin-A, a few years before, I used Differin gel. It took about a month to work but when it did start to work, my skin was really soft and glowing. After about a year or so, it didn't work so good anymore. I went to the dermatologist about 2 yrs. ago and was treated with Benzamycin and Evoclin foam. My acne cleared really fast. Then eventually, I weaned off of them and used Dan's regimen. I found that using a mild cleanser was really effective, but after a few months, the texture of my skin started to really bother me. I have marks from so many years of acne and really large pores with OILY skin. I decided to try some IQ derma thing from the internet. It worked really well for a week or two and then I just couldn't stop breaking out so I returned to Dan's regimen, and it cleared up moderately. I still decided to go to the dermatologists to help with the smoothing of the skin and the cystic pimples I constantly got on my chin. He put me on Differin, an antibiotic and a benzoyl peroxide face wash. I broke out so much for the whole time and now I am in the 6th week and am starting to finally see some type of improvement but I still won't get too excited. My whole thing though that confuses me is the facial wash. I am confused? I thought medicated acne washes irritate acne, but if so, then why do doctors prescribe medicated facial washes, that usually do work eventually?