Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joojoobe

Cetaphil or Purpose cleanser?

I have moderate acne, and as soon as I stopped using BP and medicated stuff, my skin is starting to clear dramatically.

Now I'm trying to find a new nmon-medicated cleanser that is very gentle on skin, and that won't cause acne to pop up.

I've narrowed it down to two gentle cleansers: Purpose sensitive skin wash or Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser.

So which one is better?

Also, I'm open to any other recommendations. As long as its something that can be found in drugsotres =]

thanks in advance

Personally, I'm a big fan of the purpose wash. It's really gentle, effectively cleans my skin, and doesn't contain harsh alcohols. I've used the purpose for over a week now. It does have fragrance, though. It's not a really bad scent, it smells like baby shampoo. but if your skin is sensitive to products with fragrance or the smell of baby shampoo makes you puke- you might not want this.

I don't like cetaphil. It contains alcohols, which really irritate my skin. And I feel like it leaves a film on my face. Almost like when I wash with soap- my face just feels stiff. The only reason most derms. prescribe this is because it's manufactured by Galderma- which is what most acne products (like epiduo, differin) are also manufactures by.

I'm a fan of Purpose, ditto on the film left on your face from cetaphil. I'm not using Purpose right now, I use the soap too btw, but whenever I have a bad breakout this is what I use. It's pretty good in my opinion and the moisturizer is too. :-) The spf 15 never used the 30 before so I don't know.

I know this post is old but...Joojoobe your the one that recommended Unrefined shea butter to me.... from B and B.com... well, I absolutely love the stuff !! It has made my skin sooooo soft !!

And from that same website I bought Raw african black soap...and in combination with I use the shea butter after I wash my face....My skin is glowing and looks so nice!! I can't thank you enough for introducing me to this !!

My advice to you is to try the black soap from B N B.com !!