Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
breakouttnomore

Best sunscreen for oily/acne prone skin

Summer is almost here and i should start using sunscreen but i'm afraid to use it because all the sunscreens that i have tried so far has made me oily and breakout.

does anyone know any sunscreens that are affordable and wouldn't make me breakout?

On your face? Olay SPF for sensitive skin.

On your body? I like Lubriderm lotion w/ SPF.

Granted, they're only SPF 15. I'm asian with a sort of medium golden kind of skin so I don't burn easily. Actually, I really don't burn at all, so I find these are good enough if I'm out in the sun for only few hours...might need to re-apply. And they're not waterproof.

I would love to hear what other "Acne.org-ers" use when they're on the beach :)

I am using Clinique's oil free city block sunscreen SPF 25 currently. I am Indian origin so I dont burn at all but since I am using retin A currently, I need to use sunscreen currently. This sunscreen does leave a whitish tint behind but I put some foundation on top and then its ok. When I am in hurry, I dont put foundation and just some powder on top and its not too obvious then. It doesnt cause me to break out but its bit more expensive. I am also looking for a cheaper sunscreen which is oil free, has atleast SPF 20 or more and is not greasy...

BTW I have used Olay tinted moisturizer SPF 15 before and felt it was greasy on me...

BTW I have used Olay tinted moisturizer SPF 15 before and felt it was greasy on me...

I haven't tried the Olay tinted moisturizer, but I've tried other Olay SPF Moisturizers, and some of them have made me oily. The Olay SPF for sensitive skin does not make my skin oily.

Also, I make my own tinted moisturizer by mixing Olay SPF for sensitive skin and Everyday minerals. LOVE this tinted moisturizer :)

Also, Everyday Minerals gives you free samples of their foundations. It took me about 3 times to find my perfect shade. So I had all these samples. Instead of throwing them out, I made tinted moisturizers out of them, because you don't need an exact match...you just need something close enough :) Absolutely perfect!

I am Asian as well so I look for products specialized for asian skin. I've found Feiya sunblock has a 100 SPF so that's what I use. Works ok so far. It never gives me breakouts, but you can only find it in chinese stores. I'm lucky enough to find a distributer near my area. I haven't really used it as much because I don't go out in the sun. If I do go out to the beach or picnics I always have a hat.

Summer is almost here and i should start using sunscreen but i'm afraid to use it because all the sunscreens that i have tried so far has made me oily and breakout.

does anyone know any sunscreens that are affordable and wouldn't make me breakout?

on the face: I use Murad's Uber dry sunscreen. It has never made me break out, goes on dry and is not oily or slippery! It is also waterproof! I have light/moderate acne and i know how frustrating sunscreen can be! It is a bit pricey but i works and a little goes a long way!

Shiseido 55 block... Zinc based, formulated with a texturizer.

Here's an image- http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/26/e/...AAAAAACbiuA.jpg

I buy mine at Sephora. It's expensive, but for me it's worth it.

Been wearing it under makeup for two years now. So far, it's the best I've found. I have very oily skin with scars and melasma, & wear heavy makeup to work under hospital lighting. So, I do have a clue. :)

Good luck!

but shisheido is also an asian brand, ive seen it on yesstyle lol :/

im looking for a sunscreen too, any other recomendations??