Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dermgeek

Dermapower and Crystalift

So I did a search in the forums for and found some results for Dermapower, but I would like more current feedback. I didn't find any reviews on the Crystalift system, however there is more information on the web about it.

So

1) Has anyone tried either? Would you recommend it?

2) If you have tried it, would you be willing to show a demo on a video site testing on your hand or something (so you maintain your privacy!)

Thanks! I am personally waiting out for the Dermapower.

So I did a search in the forums for and found some results for Dermapower, but I would like more current feedback. I didn't find any reviews on the Crystalift system, however there is more information on the web about it.

So

1) Has anyone tried either? Would you recommend it?

2) If you have tried it, would you be willing to show a demo on a video site testing on your hand or something (so you maintain your privacy!)

Thanks! I am personally waiting out for the Dermapower.

I received my Crystalift kit 2 days ago. used it on my sister, mom and dad. I didn't use it on myself because I know my skin gets easily irritated. I was waiting for the LED light bulbs (red and blue, which i bought from amazon, to arrive.

The reason i thought of the led lights is because of the professional hydrafacial machine which is very popular in clinics and spas. It uses the crystals and vacuum that is also what Crystalift uses. The Hydrafacial machine also has an LED attachment (red and blue) which is used right after the facial treatment. the red is used to decrease any irritation/redness and swelling. The blue is used for acne.

Hydrafacial_unit_2.jpg

Blue_light_on_face.jpg

Today I used the Crystalift. I followed the directions on the DVD. did 2 passes over entire face. I only used half of the crystal pack.

After the crystalift I used the LED blue bulb for 10 minutes, then the red bulb for 10 minutes.

The bulbs are only 45 dollars. They work with home lamps. I bought a gooseneck desk lamp for $12 at target and it works.

3753723444_cde84cc0e1_m.jpg

3753723440_c53082427e.jpg

My face isn't oily anymore. Usually in the afternoon my face is very oily because of the heat here in los angeles. The pimples I had before treatment have dried up. I don't feel any new acne starting. Skin feels very smooth. Redness and uneven skin tone has improved.

If your skin is easily irritated like mine you should consider the crystalift and get the LED lights.

I was looking at both the Crystalift and the Timepeel. The timepeel uses an abrasive diamond tip. There is no refill required, only replacement of tip when needed. But read many reviews like the ones from realself.com and complained of breakouts and the question of sharing the unit with others in the family.

I went with the crystalift because i read no complaints of breaking out, and i could easily share the unit with other members of my family.

I get the refills at discount price $39.95. I ordered 2 and got the free 2-day Fedex shipping. I purchased the refills at dermadoctor.com