Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scotty93

What Retin-A does to your face.

Well, petrolatum is nicely soothing for irritation from a chemical problem (most kinds, anyway).

And ice will also help greatly when you use that. Just don't hold the ice in one spot too long. Just glide it gently along your whole face...gently, just barely touching the skin. That will feel wonderful, too. :)

Many moisturizers just don't react well to irritated skin; they cause redness and burning, even the most gentle of moisturizers. Petrolatum jelly is so neutral (as is Aquaphor) that is has never (to my knowledge in 12 years of nursing!) caused any kind of redness or irritation whatsoever.

For a heat burn nothing should be applied to an area, only cool compresses. Sunburns can be soothed a bit with aloe spray, but that doesn't work for people who are sensitive to aloe.

The aloe you applied may have had other ingredients. 100% pure aloe can even cause irritation though.

You could also just put a wet washcloth in the fridge (in a baggy) and then when it's cooled down, take it out of the baggy and put the whole thing on your face. Lie back a bit, relax and feel the irritation seep away. You can do that even with the petrolatum on.

Well, petrolatum is nicely soothing for irritation from a chemical problem (most kinds, anyway).

And ice will also help greatly when you use that. Just don't hold the ice in one spot too long. Just glide it gently along your whole face...gently, just barely touching the skin. That will feel wonderful, too. :)

Many moisturizers just don't react well to irritated skin; they cause redness and burning, even the most gentle of moisturizers. Petrolatum jelly is so neutral (as is Aquaphor) that is has never (to my knowledge in 12 years of nursing!) caused any kind of redness or irritation whatsoever.

For a heat burn nothing should be applied to an area, only cool compresses. Sunburns can be soothed a bit with aloe spray, but that doesn't work for people who are sensitive to aloe.

The aloe you applied may have had other ingredients. 100% pure aloe can even cause irritation though.

You could also just put a wet washcloth in the fridge (in a baggy) and then when it's cooled down, take it out of the baggy and put the whole thing on your face. Lie back a bit, relax and feel the irritation seep away. You can do that even with the petrolatum on.

Yes, the petroleum is working great! My brother just said "Why didn't you go to school today? Your face looks fine." and I just told him "A nurse on this website told me to put vaseline on and it works!"

So, I guess I'll try the ice right before bed, and maybe apply more vaseline? I wish I could do more than just say Thanks!! :clap::dance::clap:

Oh, there really isn't irritation. It is just redness and dryness, but I think the vaseline is taking away both of that!! I am dancing to the guy in my avatar's music!!!

I'm so glad it feels better. That's all I need. :D Thanks for telling me, you've made me feel very happy.

Rinse it off with just plain old cool water and maybe washcloth or paper towels (not rubbing hard, though!) and then the cool compress, then another thin film of petrolatum jelly.

PS: There was irritation, that's the redness you showed in the last few pics.

"A nurse on this website told me to put vaseline on and it works!"

She would be upset at me for revealing the truth, but Wynne is a guardian angel.

I would definately contact your doctor, my son has been on Retin A Micro for 8 weeks now, he started of slow and worked his way up to every night, his face never got that red not even close to what you are experencing, maybe its a normal reaction for you skin type or you might be having an allergic reaction, the best thing to do is just to stop until you know fro sure.

I'm so glad it feels better. That's all I need. :D Thanks for telling me, you've made me feel very happy.

Rinse it off with just plain old cool water and maybe washcloth or paper towels (not rubbing hard, though!) and then the cool compress, then another thin film of petrolatum jelly.

PS: There was irritation, that's the redness you showed in the last few pics.

Lmao. Oh, sorry I didn't really know all the lingo. But, since you gave me the miracle cure, I am just going to continue on with this. I will tell you all how my day goes tomorrow, and most likely take a picture!! Thanks a lot everyone, but mostly Wynne!! ;)

Glad you feel better (go out with confidence youngster and look people in the eye!) Even if you are still red tomorrow (and that's possible!), be confident and also honest about why you're red. People generally tend to react well to honesty AND confidence at the same time (unless they're bullies and then you just tell them to kiss your whatever).

Don't really like the picture, but I had to provide a visual.

Kids still said "Your face is red" which I don't understand. Like I don't know!? :rolleyes: Haha.

I'd hate to be mean about it, but I noticed it was all of the not so attractive ones saying stuff about it. But I just told everyone what happened, and all my friends were saying how it was ironic that I was allergic to aloe and they were saying how that really sucks. The girl I was talking about that I like called me up and asked how it was :wub:

But, just updating you guys! Like I said, I don't really like the picture. My hair looks funky and it looks like I have lipstick on :doh: I look young too, but I don't really mind that :cool:

Thanks a lot for helping me, checking on me, and giving advice! I really do appreciate it and you guys make this website outstanding! I decided I will continue coming to this website and hopefully do what you all did for me!

Love you all! :)

Scotty

Yeah I think you should apply it just for every other night maybe for 3-4 weeks.

But I see in your last picture, it's going better, dont wash your wash too harsh in condition like that, treat it softly.

More fuel to the fire - I think I am allergic to Aloe :surprised:

I put some on and my face looked redder than before :snooty:

I Put An Ice Cube On My Forehead Once And The Next Day I Had A Red Rectangle From It! LMAO. Good Thing I Have Bangs.

hey, glad your skin has clamed down!

Im currently using Retin A gel. i use it once every 4 nights as my skin is pretty sensitive! my skin got very red the other day like yours but just on my chin area as that is where i get all my spots. so i looked very weird with a bright red chin!

i make sure i moisturise lots and also i use manuka honey. i know that may sound weird but its really helped the redness and the peeling. i put the honey on every night for about 30 mins then gently wash it off. it helps kill germs and moisturisers the skin as well.