Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
remag42

Moderate acne finally clear from supplements!

After about 4 years of moderate cystic acne, I finally found the best regimen. Dan's BP was the best thing that ever happened, and it remains a permanent piece of my regimen. Antibiotics suck, and I couldn't do Accutane. BP is good, but it's not enough by itself. So my goal was to create a regimen that keeps me about as clear as Accutane would. In other words a combo of things that make a big difference. This is my current regimen...

Morning

DK's Wash, BP, Lotion

Vitamins A, B complex, C, E

Zinc

Fish Oil

Evening Primrose Oil

Night

DK's Wash, Retin A

Acidophilus Probiotic

ACV

Fiber

GNC Superfoods Supreme (optional)

I have done this for almost 3 weeks and the initial breakout stopped completely. Hopefully sticking with this strong regimen I will not just be clear, but stay clear for months.

The four main parts are

1. Benzoyl Peroxide

2. Retin A Micro

3. Supplements

4. Exercise

Plus I drink lots of water, and get sunlight now and then. I don't really care about my diet, just try to eat junk food sparingly. If you haven't tried BP, Retin A, supplements, or exercise, then by means try them all. They are better done together than alone. Trust me, give this regimen at least 2-3 weeks and you should definitely see results. There isn't really anything more to add to this regimen. Stay away from multivitamins they are bad. Get each supplement by itself, and get a good quality brand like gnc or nature made.