Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vick83

Acne for more than 10 years

Hello,

My name is Vick and I have been facing this acne problem for around 10 years now. I started developing it at the age of 15 and today I am 25. I have tried various remedies but no luck. I went to the doctor couple of years back and he gave me antibiotic, antibiotic worked perfectly fine and I consumed it for like 6-8 Months, but moment I tried to stop it or reduce the intake from tri-weekly to weekly acne started popping up again. I have stopped antibiotic now because I am worried taking it for a longer period of time could cause some side effect. I also had some success few months back when I completely stopped taking caffeine products like coffee..tea and soda, acne reduced to some extent but it did not vanish completely. I usually have 2 bumps on my face on an average every day, but they usually turn very big as they progress and leave black spots behind them.

Any tips or help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Vick.

Hello,

My name is Vick and I have been facing this acne problem for around 10 years now. I started developing it at the age of 15 and today I am 25. I have tried various remedies but no luck. I went to the doctor couple of years back and he gave me antibiotic, antibiotic worked perfectly fine and I consumed it for like 6-8 Months, but moment I tried to stop it or reduce the intake from tri-weekly to weekly acne started popping up again. I have stopped antibiotic now because I am worried taking it for a longer period of time could cause some side effect. I also had some success few months back when I completely stopped taking caffeine products like coffee..tea and soda, acne reduced to some extent but it did not vanish completely. I usually have 2 bumps on my face on an average every day, but they usually turn very big as they progress and leave black spots behind them.

Thanks,

Vick.

Since you've already shown improvement from eliminating caffeine and sugary drinks, keep improving your diet. Make it mostly real, nutrient dense, anti-inflammatory, blood sugar stabilizing food. Also, what about sleep and exercise?

Lots of tips here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-Acne...ui-t230714.html

Hey, Vick, I've been dealing with this for over 15 years myself, so I can certainly believe it, unfortunately. :( I'm going to try Dan's regimen myself. Figure it can't hurt to try one more thing that seems to work for so many.

Hi all, I have had acne since I was about 10 and Im now 25. I have been on so many different lotions and potions from the doctors and have recently been to a health advisor. No improvement at all. Well and truly fed up with it!

count me in too, im 24 and have had severe acne for 9 years now. now i have bad scarring.

good luck

I've had it for about 10 years now myself. I thought I was going to escape highschool without acne, but during my senior year it hit me. I haven't completely gotten rid of it yet. :snooty: Good luck!

I'm with you all. I'm 26, and have had it since I was 13. Hard to think that I've had acne for half my life!!!

I'm with you all. I'm 26, and have had it since I was 13. Hard to think that I've had acne for half my life!!!

I've had it for 70 % of my life!!!!!!!

Hello,

Thanks,

Vick.

Hello, since you only have a few now, have you tried things like 2% BHA? This might help? I use Paula's Choice, as it is not very expensive. Helps me with those cystic, deep pimples and clears them up in no time!