Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thebignosebandit

So Accutane Doesn't Work for Adult Acne?

after asking a few questions on here i get the impression accutane does not work for adult acne?

many say that its only a temporary cure for mainly teenage sufferers the clears acne until time naturally occurs where the patient naturally outgrows his acne........

so what if you're a person who suffers acne throughout his 20's and doesn't outgrow it? then accutane is only temporary and it is inevitable that the acne comes back?

that sucks

iim only 19, but if im anything like my dad i will have acne up till my 30's.

but why do people like dan, who take accutane in their adult lives, see permanent effects? like dan for example took it, his acne came back, however at a much milder condition, and he was able to contain it with the regimen. so i guess hopefully the same will apply to me?

thanks.

after asking a few questions on here i get the impression accutane does not work for adult acne?

many say that its only a temporary cure for mainly teenage sufferers the clears acne until time naturally occurs where the patient naturally outgrows his acne........

so what if you're a person who suffers acne throughout his 20's and doesn't outgrow it? then accutane is only temporary and it is inevitable that the acne comes back?

that sucks

iim only 19, but if im anything like my dad i will have acne up till my 30's.

but why do people like dan, who take accutane in their adult lives, see permanent effects? like dan for example took it, his acne came back, however at a much milder condition, and he was able to contain it with the regimen. so i guess hopefully the same will apply to me?

thanks.

accutane permanently shrinks the oil glands (so my derm has told me) so your acne should not be as bad if it returns.

remember everyone is different when it comes to their biochemistry.

accutane is no cure all for everybody. some times it will fix it forever, but permanently destroying the sebaceous glands is not good in the long run. Without some amount of oil, your skin won't be as young looking and flexible as others who have oily skin. Plus your skin will definitely age faster and wrinklr sooner.

My dad took it when he was 30something....He has never gotten a pimple since. It has nothing to do with age.