Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gda_11

Accutane in Canada

Before I start I know this isn't an accutane log but I didn't know where else to put it, so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place! I'm new. :)

Hi folks! I'm here to talk about getting accutane in Canada vs in the U.S. Last year, I decided I should go to the dermatologist to see what I could do about my acne. They gave me an appointment scheduled 2 months from then. Now, at this time I hadn't found Acne.org and I didn't know much about accutane except it was supposed to be very good at getting rid of acne. The dermatologist and I talked for a few minutes and he told me what side effects I could expect if I went on accutane, he also outlined a few of the more unlikely dangers, I agreed to it and he said "Okay then I'll just write you up a prescription for accutane then and you can go pick it up when you leave." I said ok and that was that. The accutane cost only a few dollars because of how the Canadian health care system works. Anyway, that's how I got my accutane.

Now, later I found Acne.org and I read about everyone having such trouble getting accutane, they waited months and months and had to save up, and the dermatologist put them on a myriad of different products before they would prescribe accutane. I was stunned, getting accutane was so easy for me... it wasn't even an issue really.

It's just insane to me that getting accutane is such a long expensive, arduous process in the U.S. Am I getting it wrong? Or is it really like that?