Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KKEYS

Best over the countrt/drugstore moisturizer??

I recently went to the dermatologist..he gave me topicals and such, causing my skin to feel dry flaky and itchy.

I have been using Aveeno positively radiant spf15, but its just not getting the job done and tends to feel greasy.

I have used proactivs' green tea moisturizer and loved it, but come on its $29 for a small tube, and is a bit to heavy for summer.

I am looking for something to wear under make up, and at night. Something that wont cause break outs of course haha. & wont feel greasy or cause my skin to look oily..

Best over the counter/drugstore moisturizer under $20??

ps.. i just started trying apple cider vinegar, so that may help with the dryness??

Anyone have any suggestions?

THANKS..

I recently went to the dermatologist..he gave me topicals and such, causing my skin to feel dry flaky and itchy.

I have been using Aveeno positively radiant spf15, but its just not getting the job done and tends to feel greasy.

I have used proactivs' green tea moisturizer and loved it, but come on its $29 for a small tube, and is a bit to heavy for summer.

I am looking for something to wear under make up, and at night. Something that wont cause break outs of course haha. & wont feel greasy or cause my skin to look oily..

Best over the counter/drugstore moisturizer under $20??

ps.. i just started trying apple cider vinegar, so that may help with the dryness??

Anyone have any suggestions?

THANKS..

I use CeraVe and it works for me. Prior to this my face was always greasy, I used it the first day and saw the difference in shine control. Plus it moisturize well.

:razz: Thank You So Much! I've heard others talk about CeraVe, but never tried it. Im going to pick some up today..

Tried the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser??

thanks again!

:razz: Thank You So Much! I've heard others talk about CeraVe, but never tried it. Im going to pick some up today..

Tried the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser??

thanks again!

No I have yet to try the cleanser.

Did you buy the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser too? My derm told me to use it for a month. The only reason I stopped using it was because my dad brought home Cetaphil instead. So, now I use Cetaphil. Both cleaners worked well.

For a moisturizer, I use Neutrogena Moisture oil free formula. If cerave takes a turn for the worse, give this one a try.

Neutrogena (like mentioned in the post above mine or close), CeraVe, and the Cetaphil Facial Moisture are all good.

Hey Kkeys!

I too use the Cerave moisturizing lotion at night and I absolutely loooove it! It is one of the only moisturizers that does NOT break me out like mad. I am using Retin A and this moisturizer takes away all of the unwanted flakes that can happen with using a retinoid. I just wish that it they made one with SPF.

Hey Kkeys!

I too use the Cerave moisturizing lotion at night and I absolutely loooove it! It is one of the only moisturizers that does NOT break me out like mad. I am using Retin A and this moisturizer takes away all of the unwanted flakes that can happen with using a retinoid. I just wish that it they made one with SPF.

I also use CeraVe cleanser. Their cleanser is better than Cetaphil and it also doesn't have sodium lauryl sulfate which Cetaphil has (its probably not that big of a deal but its known to be a bad ingredient that aggravates your skin). If you use lotion or cream, Cerave cream is less shiny than Cerave lotion so if you use it during the day get the cream.

Did you buy the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser too? My derm told me to use it for a month. The only reason I stopped using it was because my dad brought home Cetaphil instead. So, now I use Cetaphil. Both cleaners worked well.

For a moisturizer, I use Neutrogena Moisture oil free formula. If cerave takes a turn for the worse, give this one a try.

I havn't bought the cleanser yet..I have however used cetaphil face wash. I didnt like the consistency of it very much, but it got the job done.

Thanks for the tip (neutrogena moisturizer)

Hey Kkeys!

I also use CeraVe cleanser. Their cleanser is better than Cetaphil and it also doesn't have sodium lauryl sulfate which Cetaphil has (its probably not that big of a deal but its known to be a bad ingredient that aggravates your skin). If you use lotion or cream, Cerave cream is less shiny than Cerave lotion so if you use it during the day get the cream.

I do use the lotion, during the day..I wear make up, and end up shiny.. no matter what I use. My skin will be dry in the morning, so i will moisturize under make up and then i will look shiny in a couple hours. Idk???

Does the cream really help shine? I moisturize day and night..I use ZoDerm BP 5% hydrating face wash, clindamyacin foam on problem spots and some acv about every other night, on face and back.