Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unas

SCARRED PORES!! (PIC) HELP!!

Hi there,

At the picture everyone can see my problem. My scarred pores! That is the result for years of squeezing my blackheads. I wish I can turn back time when my skin was almost perfect and I only got just a few blackheads. Then I started to squeeze them and get hooked. Now the affect of squeezing has ruined my skin and my self-esteem. Skin has damaged a lot and especially pores are enlarged and scarred.

Does anybody know would TCA CROSS help my scarred pores or is there usually anything I can do to get rid of them. I still got lot of blackheads and I haven't found the way to get rid of them neither.

I'm grateful if somebody who has experience or knowledge would anwer me.

Sorry about my bad english.

post-99644-1239785805_thumb.jpg

post-99644-1239785805_thumb.jpg

I think a little more information would be useful: What type of acne did you suffer from? What type of regimen did you use (and for how long now?) etc.

While these may be icepick-like scars, have you considered the option that your pores have got quite wide/large and may be clogged (while not directly visible)? Even after your pores are 'unclogged' it can take quite some effort and time before they resize to normal (invisible) again.

For unclogging and restoring pores you could use a retinoïd like Adapalene. Benzylperoxide (BP) is only mildly pore-size restoring (because of its keratolitic abilities), it mainly prevents inflammation of pores causing a white head (filled with yellow pus). So to get rid of the blackheads and the large unclogged pores they leave behind, you might have to take another approach. But only after you've been on the 'regular' regimen for at least 2 months to see what BP would do.

my skin is exactly the same but i never squezed my skin nor did i get blackheads on my cheeks ... i have large pores on my cheeks and my nose :(

any1 know what i can ... i was thinking bout smartxide laser because my derm (Dr Khan) reccommend it but then again so does every derm .. there all the same pushin the latest laser.

I have this exact same problem. I've always felt my pores would get easily clogged, but recently they have been constantly dilated - even when clean. Your photo is exactly what I see when I look in the mirror, only I don't think it's from squeezing, because for me it's worse on parts of my face that weren't affected by blackheads (outside of the Tzone). And the pores in the "blackhead areas" (Tzone) are less stretched.

I'm also researching if laser treatments might help reduce pore sizes. There was a Dermatologist chat forum where they discussed and compared laser results, and some reported "good" results where others seemed less impressed and said (honestly) nothing worked very well. I've lost track of the forum, I really wish I could revisit to see if any new technology has better results.

I will let you know if I find anything out.

it looks like the top layer of your skin may be contributing to the appearance of the pores and could use some exfoliation. you should start with a deep chemical peel of some sort (i've had good results with 70% GA). have you ever done/had a peel?

Are you freaking kidding me? You have NOTHING to worry bout. What scars?

can you not see all those large pores ?

Guest ranger42

Those are not scars man. If you watch any HDTV that has closeups of people's faces, you'll see that almost every person has skin texture like yours. Do not do anything to your skin, it is perfect how it is.

It's not bad, but you do have some enlarged pores. I found this in an older thread:

Pore size is nearly impossible to change, says Richard Glogau, M.D., a clinical professor of dermatology at the University of California at San Francisco. However, you can make them less noticeable. Try applying a topical retinoid, like Retin-A or Renova, which spurs new collagen growth, helps unclog pores and makes skin appear smoother. Retin-A and Renova require a prescription, but there are also over-the-counter formulas, such as Neutrogena's Pore Refining Cream with SPF 15 and Avon's Anew Advanced All-In-One Self-Adjusting Perfecting Lotion. Don't turn to procedures like chemical peels and lasering, because they can leave your pores exposed at a deeper, wider level, Dr. Glogau advises.

Might be worth a shot? You should probably avoid TCA Cross though. Shouldn't do anything drastic.

Girl, you have nothing to worry about. A lot of people have skin like that - and its not distracting by any means. You have great skin - live your life (cue music) eyyy!. Honestly, I wouldn't stress out about getting treatment or anything done, because its look fine!

Hi there,

At the picture everyone can see my problem. My scarred pores! That is the result for years of squeezing my blackheads. I wish I can turn back time when my skin was almost perfect and I only got just a few blackheads. Then I started to squeeze them and get hooked. Now the affect of squeezing has ruined my skin and my self-esteem. Skin has damaged a lot and especially pores are enlarged and scarred.

Does anybody know would TCA CROSS help my scarred pores or is there usually anything I can do to get rid of them. I still got lot of blackheads and I haven't found the way to get rid of them neither.

I'm grateful if somebody who has experience or knowledge would anwer me.

Sorry about my bad english.

what the hell is wrong with you

thats like nothing, some people are suffering way more than you and your crying your heart out

cause you wanna get rid of like 3 dots?

get out

Hellou,

Thanks for the answers!!! There are lots of good advices for my problem and it is also nice to see that there are people who really helps and cares about other problems! :)

For me this is not a small problem like someones seems to think! Also this is most easiest way for me to sharing my problems and try to find help because I'm quite shy person.

"Dvodove" asked what type of acne did I suffer from. I haven't suffer for whiteheads almost ever so my biggest problem is blackheads & non-inflamed acne. I have blackheads and clogged pores all

over my face. I still squeeze them a lot even I try to keep my fingers off my face. :/ It is so frustrating because if I don't squeeze them out nothing happens. The won't leave itself.

I do know that squeezing is the worst way to get rid on them because anyway they come back sooner or later and its damage the skin. Feels (and seems!!) like I don't have any clean spot on my face.

There are small blackheads and dross everywhere!!

I use Nivea blackhead eliminating daily scrub and toner from same serie but I haven't noticed difference on my skin after using it. It is softer but thats it. What would be the next option?

Is there anything very effective product which could work for me?

My biggest problem are still those scarred and enlarged pores. I do know that it is my own fault because I have squeezed my blackheads and spots but if someone had a knowledge or experience

which could help me I would be a grateful to get know it. Problem is more worse than it looks in the picture.

Thank you! :) (And hopefully you can understand my poor english)

I have the same kind of scarring... also from squeezing black heads on my cheek.. now there are many pitted holes and ice pick type scarring... mixed in with red.... I am new to this I will let you know if I come upon anything that works well for me....... good luck.

Those are not scars man. If you watch any HDTV that has closeups of people's faces, you'll see that almost every person has skin texture like yours. Do not do anything to your skin, it is perfect how it is.

lol thats not true at all ... 'almost every person has skin texture like yours'

ive have skin texture the same as in the pic and i can tell you that hardly any1 i know or even any1 i see at uni has skin texture like that.

It's not bad, but you do have some enlarged pores. I found this in an older thread:

Pore size is nearly impossible to change, says Richard Glogau, M.D., a clinical professor of dermatology at the University of California at San Francisco. However, you can make them less noticeable. Try applying a topical retinoid, like Retin-A or Renova, which spurs new collagen growth, helps unclog pores and makes skin appear smoother. Retin-A and Renova require a prescription, but there are also over-the-counter formulas, such as Neutrogena's Pore Refining Cream with SPF 15 and Avon's Anew Advanced All-In-One Self-Adjusting Perfecting Lotion. Don't turn to procedures like chemical peels and lasering, because they can leave your pores exposed at a deeper, wider level, Dr. Glogau advises.

Might be worth a shot? You should probably avoid TCA Cross though. Shouldn't do anything drastic.

do you know if this includes things like 2% bha over long periods of time or mandelic acid serum ?

lol thats not true at all ... 'almost every person has skin texture like yours'

ive have skin texture the same as in the pic and i can tell you that hardly any1 i know or even any1 i see at uni has skin texture like that.

Very true. Just because it ain't severe doesn't mean it ain't there. ;)

beta hydroxy acid is GREAT for blackheads. i use the liquid lotion by Paula's choice (you can only get it online) in 2%. it also gives your face a glowy, clearer look.

i only see 2 icepicks, don't worry. The rest are just dilated pores filled with sebum. It looks like you have dry and rather irritated skin, though. May want to reduce frequency of washing and use cooler water. Dry skin can give the appearance of leathery skin that can make pores seem more pronounced. I think stop with the scrubbing and use colder water and exfoliate less (so as to avoid irritation) and you'lll be golden. Don't worry about the 2 icepicks.

Your really aren't that bad but I feel your pain, my pores are more noticeable when my skin is actually dry, when its well moisturized my skin looks "settled". Aloe vera actually can help minimize the appearance of your pores, It is a temporary effect like makeup but I don't think you want to worsen something that's not really bad with chemicals and make it worse.

Trust me i've done that, I had clear skin, was worried about my scars, got a chemical peel with microdermabrasion then I was breaking out for weeks afterward and my skin was looking great before hand. I wasted a lot of money. :-(

Enjoy your clear skin ^_^