Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i don't actually have acne any more but my skin looks horrible. red marks etc.. you know. i was thinking today that some people always get compliments on their skin, but i probably never will. a good glowing complexion is just another one of those attributes that adds to a person's beauty in my opinion. there are other things too of course, but i feel like people look at me and think 'hey that girl could be really pretty if she had nice skin.'. i really wish for nice skin so that perhaps people would notice the pretty parts of me instead of having to notice icky skin first off. :( it's so depressing and it's really starting to get to me. i think some of you may feel the same, that's why i'm writing this now. how do you all feel about your skin? does anyone here actually like their skin?

You describe me perfectly. I used to be a really "cute" guy, but now I'm more noticed for my redness and (mild) acne. I went on accutane and now I'm left with tons of red marks.

You're not alone ;) You'll get through it.

There's not a 100% guarantee of course but why not try 500/1000mg of Vitamin C daily? It's supposed to help with complexion and lightening skin and red marks (and/or scars).

i don't know why, but i'd feel so embarrassed about going to get laser stuff done. i know that is the dermatologist's job there but i'd just feel bad about doing something so harsh and drastic to my face. i'm trying to fix this as naturally as possible :)

you guys made me feel a bit better though, thanks

All the dermatologist wants to do is help. I don't think there should be a reason to feel afraid or ashamed. I would imagine most doctors get into the field to assist patients with their troubles. You'll be fine.

Oh, I am just like you. Free of acne but the skin looks horrible. Well, it was just recently that I got free of it so I think it will take some time to recover that healthy glow. ;)

The same with me... I'm just about done my Accutane course and I'm free of active acne but I'm absolutely horribly covered in red marks, every inch of my cheeks. So it still appears I have severe acne... Anyone know what I mean?

Oh, and as for how I feel about my skin...I guess it's okay. It could be worse, but it could also be a lot better. I deal with a few stubborn pimples and some scarring. What can you do.

i feel ya on that one. i will never have that nice glowing complexion either, i dont have acne at all really anymore but i have the red marks left behind.