Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Upon a December

Can Chinese herbs break you out?

So prom is coming up and I've decided to do something a little more radical for my acne. I started acupuncture sessions but have only had one so far. It hurts more then I thought it would (not getting punctured but once I'm left with them in). x3 Anyway the acupuncturist gave me some Chinese herb pills that I have to take 2 pills 3 times a day. The thing is she didn't tell me what was in them and I broke out on my neck, chin, and chest about 2 days after taking them. Could this be the pills or splurging on desserts during Easter dinner? :doubt:

Also prom is a little over a week away and I need to get rid of the majority of my acne so I'm not a depressed soul that has no fun like I have been for previous dances. Currently I'm on a no gluten (except for the occasional sprouted bread) and low sugar focusing on purely natural foods. This has helped some but by no means cleared me up. I'm also drinking ACV. So could anyone recommend like a 10 day detox diet that will temporarily clear me up? This will be my first and last prom so I want to look good. :/

Ring that lady right away. Get an acid peel done professionally, and apply ACV topically too.

Try taking a B-Complex 100 pill (1 a day) and take 8-10Grams (not mg, but grams) of Vitamin B5, theres some listed on ebay from Superior Nutraceuticals, take 2.5grams 4 times a day. (make sure you take B5 complex too) Maybe add some Zinc in too, can't hurt unless you overdose the Zinc, overdosing the B5 is fine though.

Eat NOTHING bad at all, just be perfectly healthy, wash twice a day, MOISTURIZE!! and yeah :)

Also, find some good mineral makeup and keep on adding ACV to ya face, but don't dry out.

You will need makeup and it is impossible generally to completely remove your acne in 10 days, but you can improve it :)

So prom is coming up and I've decided to do something a little more radical for my acne. I started acupuncture sessions but have only had one so far. It hurts more then I thought it would (not getting punctured but once I'm left with them in). x3 Anyway the acupuncturist gave me some Chinese herb pills that I have to take 2 pills 3 times a day. The thing is she didn't tell me what was in them and I broke out on my neck, chin, and chest about 2 days after taking them. Could this be the pills or splurging on desserts during Easter dinner? :doubt:

Also prom is a little over a week away and I need to get rid of the majority of my acne so I'm not a depressed soul that has no fun like I have been for previous dances. Currently I'm on a no gluten (except for the occasional sprouted bread) and low sugar focusing on purely natural foods. This has helped some but by no means cleared me up. I'm also drinking ACV. So could anyone recommend like a 10 day detox diet that will temporarily clear me up? This will be my first and last prom so I want to look good. :/

Hi:

I just wanted to share what my Doctor/acupuncturist told me with you.

I also get acupuncture for acne. So far I have had 8 treatments (once per week) but it is very slow working, so I think you might have to do something else if you want super fast results. Although, everyone is different, and reacts differently to the treatment. Also, I have to report that it is definitely helped by back. My back was covered in serious and even painful acne and it has pretty much gone away except for some tiny lesions. The bad news is that it has yet to work on my face, since I have only seen very mild (if any) improvement there, where it counts the most.

About the herbs... I asked my doctor if I needed to take Chinese herbs to help get rid of the ¨heat and dampness¨ in my body, which according to TCM is what causes acne in the first place, at a faster pace. He said no. He says the acupuncture on its own should do the trick. He also cautioned me against buying Chinese herbs, since he said that drugs and herbs are not as carefully regulated in China as they are in the States and the EU, and many people have gotten sicker and even died because of buying and ingesting herbs that were not what they were sold as. So just make sure that the herbs you are taking come from a reputable source and that they actually are what the person selling them to you tells you they are.

I hope this information helps.

If you want something that works fast, ¨Nature´s Cure¨ and the famous Vitaming B5 ¨cure¨ work very fast, but in my experience results only last a couple of months. Either way, it may be worth a shot if you just want to look better fast for a special ocasion. Benzoyl Peroxide also helps. Try glycolic acid peels too. You can get them done professionally and then actually learn to do them yourself at home by ordering the acid online (use VERY carefully, though, and only if you know how to do it), thus saving a huge amount of money. They make your pores look finer, help with small scars, and remove brown spots from old acne. You can also use a weaker 10% AHA daily even under makeup and this will peel your skin gradually.

Good luck to you.

Sunandmoon