Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
plissken

Needling scarred pores?

Has needling scarred pores worked for anyone? My skin has an orange peel look and I've heard that it's harder to treat those type of scars.

What type of scarring do you have? I wouldn't want to risk that. I've heard good things about needling though, just not sure if it works for enlarged/scarred pores. No one had any success with that? :(

well in a another topic that juciypimple started he said that he has been dojngn dermaroller with 1.5 mm roller for the past month ... i assume he has done it more then once - which is not good. you should be doing it once every 8 weeks

ive needled some scarred pores myself and i can tell you none of them got any worse...the smaller ones seem a bit better after needling once while the bigger ones look the same....after a month is up im gonna needle them again

ive needled some scarred pores myself and i can tell you none of them got any worse...the smaller ones seem a bit better after needling once while the bigger ones look the same....after a month is up im gonna needle them again

Thanks, let us know how it works out. What size are the needles you're using? I've been thinking of applying some retinoid like Retina-A for a while and see if that has any effect (heard it might help with enlarged/scarred pores) and then look into needling.

Guest ranger42

Thanks, let us know how it works out. What size are the needles you're using? I've been thinking of applying some retinoid like Retina-A for a while and see if that has any effect (heard it might help with enlarged/scarred pores) and then look into needling.

Retin-a thins the top layer of your skin making every imperfection more visible, it will not help minimize pores (I used it for more than 7 months). Works great for acne and gives you an unnaturally looking nice shiny face though.

your right that retioids thin the top layer of skin ... but at the same time they thicken the dermis. Which i dont know if it affects the size of pores. the way that retinoids are claimed to reduce pore size is by increaseing collagen around the pore (which kinda squezes the pore tighter) and increasing elastin which allows stretched pores to revert back to their original size (pores becomes stretced due to blackheads, clogged pores etc)

my derm told me hes going to do SmartXide laser for my pores. i did see some before and after pictures of acne scars and pores and the results diod look good. he had also recently presented those same pictures at some sort of conference thing.

im still not sure though. since the pore is not being gotten rid of like scar tissue then techically the pores should become enlarged again mabey after a few months.

any1 had SmartXide laser (co2) for pores ?

I guess Retin-A only works for that if you have enlarged pores that are clogged with oil, rather than scarred ones? How about microdermabrasion? Could that do something?

microdermabrasion wont do anything ... its a waste of time and any results you get will be temporary

microdermabrasion wont do anything ... its a waste of time and any results you get will be temporary

Microdermabrasions vacuuming action sucks any filing done over the scar/pores life. You basically unearth the scar more and will cause more damage to any type of repair you have achieved over the years, same with peels. Retina a and some mild friction rubbing during its peel stage will help produce collagen and fill things in at a very slow rate, you can see results in a year or less.

Microdermabrasions vacuuming action sucks any filing done over the scar/pores life. You basically unearth the scar more and will cause more damage to any type of repair you have achieved over the years, same with peels. Retina a and some mild friction rubbing during its peel stage will help produce collagen and fill things in at a very slow rate, you can see results in a year or less.

is this the samefor fraqctional co2 lasers (smartxide)

im thining about getting it done becuase my derm recomeed it to me and showed me some impressive before and after pics

I was wondering the same thing about needling. I've been on Tretinoin gel (generic Retin A) for one year this month and have had little to no luck improving my pore size and scarring. I do think that it has helped to slow the progress of other pores enlarging further...but theres really no way to be 100% sure. I'd say use it for preventative measure, it can't hurt, but for improving the appearance of large/scarred pores? Nah.

I refuse to do any lasers or peels because I think they do more harm than good in the long run, when it comes to pore size. Could be wrong, everyone is different, but in my case there was some improvement after I had a medium strength peel and I felt great for a month or so. However, after that period of time, my skin texture got rapidly worse. Four or five months after the peel my pores were even more wrecked than they were when I chose to have it done.

I don't mean to so negative here...just sharing my own experience. It really seems like a better bet to improve the look of pores would be anything that would help plump the skin/build collagen. Abrasive treatments seem to just exacerbate the problem. This is why needling seems like it might be promising....hmmm......

So many people on this board destroyed their skin trying to improve minor scarring that turned into bigger scarring, all are the result of poor information and hyped up hopes. Peels will take off the top layer of your skin and reveal your pores. I seen this happen to so many members on this forum, getting motivated by a new comers false results and a few members will hop on the wagon and out of the 6 who tried it 3 will have big regrets and looking on how to return their skin prior to the peel. To top it off peels do zilch for the smallest of scars be cautious of new members claiming they have gotten a 30% improvement from a peel which dermabrasion at time wont achieve. Theyre not liars just a false early judgment that I probably was also guilty of years ago.

Aside from the pore size, one wrong peel of the scabbing that occurs after the peel, can and have left many members on here with dime size dips in their skin. Peels are only good to balance out skin tone but this can be achieved with very light percentages of acids or Retina a, yet still carries the risks.

Large pores are hard to improve and I think Retina A along with natural weathering and time might help them over a long period. I also see no harm in needling using fine needles even if it dont work I havent read of any permanent damage as a result of needling. If you have minor scarring sit back and read before jumping to any procedure, you will have regrets and be attached to this forum more then you initially wanted.

I was wondering the same thing about needling. I've been on Tretinoin gel (generic Retin A) for one year this month and have had little to no luck improving my pore size and scarring. I do think that it has helped to slow the progress of other pores enlarging further...but theres really no way to be 100% sure. I'd say use it for preventative measure, it can't hurt, but for improving the appearance of large/scarred pores? Nah.

I refuse to do any lasers or peels because I think they do more harm than good in the long run, when it comes to pore size. Could be wrong, everyone is different, but in my case there was some improvement after I had a medium strength peel and I felt great for a month or so. However, after that period of time, my skin texture got rapidly worse. Four or five months after the peel my pores were even more wrecked than they were when I chose to have it done.

I don't mean to so negative here...just sharing my own experience. It really seems like a better bet to improve the look of pores would be anything that would help plump the skin/build collagen. Abrasive treatments seem to just exacerbate the problem. This is why needling seems like it might be promising....hmmm......

You guys are so right i had minimal scarring but when i had 4 peels, i was left with open pores and made my scars even deeper. Before peels i dint even know about scarred pores

I take it very few people has had success needling scarred pores? Scars_Suck, if you see further improvement, let us know. :)

I take it very few people has had success needling scarred pores? Scars_Suck, if you see further improvement, let us know. :)

well i only needled the scarred pores once...none of them got any worse which im happy about because i was a bit worried about that...but none of them really got that much better...next time i do it im gonna be more aggresive

Hi right now i'm using tazorac. Places where i've scars seem so tight and hard and scars seem plumped up. Could you tell me why is it so and if i keep using it will i get some more enlarged pores that i got from chemical peels cause tazorac as well peel your skin. Thanks

great job :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

as far as i know laser is the worst thing to do. for quick results this is the best but for long run like after 20 years, the skin gone under laser gonna stop producing tissue which will make the skin more elastic and looks really bad.

any1 has known about this coz one of my fren told me.due to this he has just stopped workin in his scars.