Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shooshoo

Waterproof or not?

Hi guys, I'm looking for an eyeliner and mascara with real staying power and was thinking of getting a Waterproof version. Need something that won't give me racoon eyes...and something that won't smudge...for everyday wear.

Any reasons why a person shouldn't use waterproof make-up?

Is it possible to get a non-waterproof eyeliner and mascara with REAL staying power? If so, what ingredients should I be looking for?

I recommended MAX Factor 2000 Calorie in waterproof when Molly was asking about mascaras, and I'll recommend the same to you. I've been using it for years, and I love it.

Actually, I thought I got racoon eyes from my eyes watering and kept on trying different kinds of waterproof mascara for years--but I still had racoon eyes by the end of the day. Then I read somewhere online (can't remember where or I'd put the link) that non-waterproof mascara is better if you get racoon eyes. I tried it and it's definitely true (unless you have a big cry). I guess my eyes are very oily, which made my mascara run. If you think about it, it makes sense--oil is what you use to remove waterproof mascara.

As for eyeliner--I just use Urban Decay eyelid primer--makes it stick through anything.

I actually prefer non-waterproof mascaras because they're easier to remove... But in the summer, I use lashblast waterproof and it stays even when I go swimming and forget to take it off, so, I'm sure it will withstand a regular work/school day!

I also agree w/ the Urban Decay Primer Portion, shadows last all day long, no creasing, awesome product.

I actually prefer non-waterproof mascaras because they're easier to remove... But in the summer, I use lashblast waterproof and it stays even when I go swimming and forget to take it off, so, I'm sure it will withstand a regular work/school day!

I also agree w/ the Urban Decay Primer Portion, shadows last all day long, no creasing, awesome product.

I use pond's cold cream to remove make-up, and I've heard that it does a pretty good job of removing waterproof makeup (can't say for sure though, haven't tried it). Thanks for the recommendations :)

I'm currently using Prescriptives false eyelashes mascara...and I'm really not a big fan. I can see my undereyes a bit darker by the end of the day (and I only put it on my top lashes!!!).

I'm looking into buying a Coastal Scents gel eyeliner and see if I can give that a try. I'm currently using Almay crayon pencil...and it's completey gone by the end of the day...maybe the end of the afternoon. Anyone got eyeliner recommendations? or even a TYPE of eyeliner (liquid, gel, etc..I don't really know how many types there are..heh)

thanks all!

P.S. and sorry if i'm a bit ignorant on all this make-up stuff. I haven't really been into make-up until now since my skin is CLEAR thanks to the regimen!!!...unbelievable! Thanks all for bearing with me.

i'm glad the regimen worked for you : ) to reply to your eyeliner question .. i've tried a few eyeliners, and gel and liquid are my favorites. right now i'm using l'oreal's felt tip liner in black mica. i recommend this liner if you're looking for a precise, black line. it's not waterproof, but if you don't rub your eyes during the day, it'll stay on. & i know this because i have REALLY oily skin, and if it can stay on my eyes, it can stay on everybody's. lol. it does take practice, but after a few tries you're able to get a line without tugging at your eyes. i hope you find something that you really like : )