Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
burnt-toast

going out at night and the regimen

I just wondered what everyone else does because i go out at night a fair amount, esspecially during the holidays. I'm also going to a festival during the summer. I would just like to know what you do when you get back in at 3 or whatever, whether you miss it for one night (and whether there quite bad after effects from that)? whether you skip a stage? or whether you just put up with it and do it?

thanks!

I've wondered about this myself. On occasion I would be going to bed very drunk, and you don't really want to be messing about with a chemical that can bleach things you touch, or do something nasty if you get it in your eyes or something :lol:

I did do the Regimen completely wasted once, and fortunately, nothing (including my face) got damaged. The other time I settled for skipping it, however I DID at least make sure to remove all the makeup I was wearing/ cleanse my face to reduce the fall out from skipping it. It wasn't the end of the world, but it's not a good idea to skip too much either.

In the case of the festival, where bathroom sinks etc are likely to be in short supply, I'd recommend using facial wipes to cleanse, thus no water required.

At home, I'd suggest doing it no matter how late it is when you get in and if you're sober enough to manage it. If not, AT LEAST remove any makeup or cleanse. Again, facial wipes makes this a lot less of a hassle.

when i would come home late, i would still do it. i think it is difficult when you just want to go to sleep, but your body gets used to it & i would always think .. i would much rather spend this time putting on bp than dealing with another breakout.

thanks for the replies. and yeah facial wipes sound like a good idea. I mean i'm a man, but yeah it might sometimes be hard to find a sink so facial wipes would be good. I am though going to a festival on the beach, so ive always got the sea :angel:

but replying to gefiltefish, i think thats completely true, a breakout just wouldn't be worth it.

thanks for the help!

Um, I thought I posted here (I certainly remember writing a post here) but I guess not. So here's my suggestion.

Do the Regimen before you go out. Novel, I know. I generally try to do this (though I often forget, and then I am left to either attempt it drunk or, more likely because I'll be tired and lazy, just skip it). Here's the thing about it - if you do the Regimen around 10 or 11 or whenever it is you go out, you'll still be in that 8-12 hour range between applications if you do it when you wake up in the morning. Just do it before you go out, or even after dinner and whatnot that night - it's the perfect time to get it out of the way. Then you don't have to worry about breakouts or drunkenly bleached clothes! Ta dahhhh!

here is something i will do in certain situations. Say I had a late day and washed my face around 1pm. well that means i would need to do the Regimen at 1am again. well on this particular day I had to get up at 7am the next morning. and I was going to be gone all day. so instead of doing the regimen at 1am and again at 7am, I did this: i removed all my make-up at night. Cleansed and then applied the AHA+ just to my trouble spots. like my chin and forehead. Then I went to bed. And when I got up in the morning I did my normal Routine Cleansing again, BP, and Moisturizer. I did not get a breakout from this. and I would do it again if i have this issue again in the future. Hope I helped!

hahhahah holidays.. gotta love em..

mmm during the school term i do the regimen at around 8am and 8pm..

but like during holz its like 2pm and 2am.. so i guess.. just do it when u wake and b4 u sleep.. shud be fine

Do the Regimen before you go out. Novel, I know. I generally try to do this (though I often forget, and then I am left to either attempt it drunk or, more likely because I'll be tired and lazy, just skip it).

Yeah, this is really the only way you can go out frequently and not break out, unless your skin stays clear with a once a day routine. (Mine does not.) Missing one night isn't problematic, but when I start missing several applications in a short time period, my skin shows the evidence a week or so later.

Every 12 hours works perfectly for me in this scenario.

I generally wake up every day between 6-9 am (depending if i have work/class), so I do the regimen when I wake up. Normally when I go out, it's between 10-11 pm, so if I do the regimen in 12 hour shifts that means I would do the regimen before I go out, between 6-9pm. It's pretty much the best of both worlds - I do the regimen in a good timely manner and don't have to worry about missing it.