Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nowonder

rosewood oil, clove oil, and grapeseed oil together

I was thinking about using essential oils to help with my moderate-severe acne. I've tried just about everything and nothing has really worked for me, except for antibiotics, which can not be used permanently, but when I stopped or became resistant, my acne came back. I'm thinking about putting some essential oils together to fight acne, tell me what you think.

-Rosewood oil - may help with sebum production and has antibacterial properties.

-Clove oil - has antibacterial properties

-Grapeseed oil - this would be the carrier oil, it is good on the skin, and contains about 60% lenoleic acid, which may be able to help with sebum production also.

Essential oils, maybe my last big idea. Thanks for reading.

Clove oil might be a DHT inhibitor. It was lumped together with spearmint oil in an abstract for a study. No real details. I've been meaning to look into it.

However, spearmint is a type 2 5-alpha reductase inhibitor which affects hair growth making it helpful for hirsutism and MPB, not oil and acne. And that has been my experience. On the other hand there are people claiming it reduces oil production.