Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BelowZerO

moisturizer without oil or harmfull ingredients

The problem with moisturizers is that they are all filled with harmfull ingredients like : parfume, chemical sunscreens*, and too harmfull preservatives(sp?)

i am looking for a moisturizer without oil, and any of the above things... btw many people think that its a good idea to use a chemical sunscreen. but a chemical sunscreen will only irritate your skin more. it will also make you MORE sensitive to the sun. That is why they dont recommend chemical sunscreens for small children.

I have used jojobaoil for 1 year and it has been great in many ways. But i have seborrheic dermatitis so it might be a better idea to switch to a "moisturizer" with less, or no oil in it.

to sum things up; can i get an oilfree moisturizer without parfume or sunscreen in it?

I feel your pain. I just switched from the Neutrogena for Sensative skin to the Eucerin Renewal w/Sunscreen on Wednesday, and yesterday, I broke out on my forehead...and it's even worse today...and I havne't broken out on my forhead since started the regimen 2 weeks ago...i think it HAS to be from the Eucerin...I am going back to the neutrogena tonight...it had no oil, perfume or sunscreen...

If you want a moisturiser that is completely, 100% pure and all-natural, you cannot get any better than natural oils, particularly jojoba, emu and coconut.

I know that they are CALLED oils, but they are actually much less likely to clog pores than many so called non-comedogenic, oil-free moisturisers.

They are also highly beneficial for skin health and can help heal scarring.

You can find all three on ebay for relatively cheap prices.

I cannot recommend them enough. Don't take my word for it -if you do a search for them on this site, you will find plenty of other people backing me up!

idea.gif

lol...funny that he's looking for a moisturizer withoutoils yet....... :lol:

What's also funny is that I missed the part where Below Zero said they had been using jojoba oil for over a year!!! Haha!!!

:wall:

I like cetaphil lotion as my nighttime moisturizer....no sunscreen, no parabens (a type of preservative), no perfumes. I like the way it feels more than any other moisturizer. oh..and the generic version is less than $4 for 16 oz at walmart (yes - I actually braved walmart for this).

It's so easy to think that if a product is "oil free" its not going to break you out! But how many products have you used that are oil free, non-comeogenic, fragrance free, hypo-allergenic etc etc, only to find the same problems, and have caused more harm than good? For me its been alot. If all these words on the bottle meant anything, why is everyone still having trouble with these products?

Products with natural oils are really good for your skin, most will not cause any trouble. It's water resistant sunscreens and synthetic oils you have to watch out for. Don't limit yourself to just oil free products, for me it wasn't until i used products with natural oil in them that my skin started to clear and heal.

I get most of my skincare products from this range now!!

www.purist.com

Yeah Jojoba is a unique liquid wax but it acts in the same way as an oil. It is also very similar to the sebum that our skin produces, so with regular use it can help to balance sebum production.

I agree that in many cases, natural ingredients are preferable to synthetic.

idea.gif

thanks for the input guys. As some of you point out, jojoba oil is not likely to clog the pores. My skin has never been looking better since i started the jojobaoil - In fact i really wish i could continue to use it.

BUT i have seborrheic dermatitis, which is caused by a yeast called p.ovale. this yeast thrives well in an oily environment - so therefore i have to get something without oil in it.

There is something else which i hope some of you can relate to: Everytime i use a NORMAL moisturizer my skin gets very dry and flaky when i wash it off in the morning. And i dont want to wear a moisturizer at daytime. Can you recommend a moisturizer that doesent have this effect?

I LOVE Kiss My Face Alpha and Aloe Oil Free Moisturizer! You can buy it online, or you could probably buy it in any natural foods store (that's where I get mine). It's fairly cheap and it's absolutely wonderful...I won't use anything else!

user posted image

Some info about it (from KMF site):

This powerful moisturizer helps unblock and cleanse pores, speeds up the exfoliation process, allows new healthy skin cells to emerge, reduces discoloration and age spots, and quickly absorbs. As always, our products contain no animal ingredients, artificial colors, or unnecessary chemicals and were not tested on animals.

Ingredients:

Water, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol (Coconut derived wax), Extracts Of Bilberry, Sugar Cane, Sugar Maple, Orange & Lemon, Glyceryl Stearate (Coconut derived wax), PEG-100 Stearate (Coconut derived wax), Cetearyl Alcohol (Coconut derived wax), Polysorbate 60, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Sodium PCA, Polysorbate 20, Extracts of Chamomile, Marigold, Sage, Yarrow, Orange Flower, Lavender, Sambucus, Fennel, Geranium & Ylang Ylang, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (Vegetable derived preservative)

smile.gif

I almost picked me up a tube of Kiss my Face NaPCA lotion a while ago, but never got around to it. From what I hear, their product line is decent.

i think i found a company with which machtes my criteria>> Dermalogica......

someone recommended this on another board, and apparently their products are free from all the things i mentioned....But they are ****ing expensive... has anyone ever tried dermalogica moisturizers??? or their products in general?

Regarding the jojoba oil:

How do you apply it to the skin? Just pour some in your hands and rub it in? Won't you look shiny?

I use DHC Water base Moisture and Neutrogena oil free for combination skin (in the pump bottle) HTHS

Try the Clean and Clear Oil Free Shine Free Moisturizer. It doesn't have an SPF and is made for skin with acne. I love it!

"Tea tree oil has antifungal properties with activity against P ovale and may be useful in the treatment of dandruff." (J Am Acad Dermatol. 2002 Dec;47(6):852-5.) -- pubmed

dandruff is just a mild form of seborrheic dermatitis... so why not try adding tea tree to your jojoba oil, or even try a tea tree cleanser. I've heard that eatiing yogurt with active acidophilus will help women with yeast infections in their happy spot, so you could try eating more yogurt.