Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

(Some of you may remember me from my previous survey here, thanks for your continued help!)

I am doing a study on Accutane/isotretinoin and iPLEDGE for my gender discrimination course. If you could please help me by answering these quick questions that would be must appreciated.

1. Have you used Accutane/isotretinoin or one of it's generic forms? (Please indicate which one).

2. How much did the Accutane/isotretinoin by itself cost you? Did your insurance cover any of the cost? If so, how much?

3. For women, how much did the monthly pregnancy test cost you? Did your insurance cover any of the cost? If so, how much?

4. For women, how much did the monthly forms of birth control cost you? Did your insurance cover any of the cost? If so, how much?

Please feel free to reply here or e-mail me at [email protected]

Your input is much appreciated!

1) Yes currently on it; Claravis

2) Price varies. My last prescription cost $160 (30 pills at 40 mg each). My first two were $212 (60 pills at 20 mg each). No insurance :confused:

3) Male.

4) Male.

Just out of curiousity, would you mind sharing your hypothesis/thesis with us after the results are in? I am curious how this would fit into the context of a gender discrimination course. Good luck.

1. Have you used Accutane/isotretinoin or one of it's generic forms? (Please indicate which one).

2. How much did the Accutane/isotretinoin by itself cost you? Did your insurance cover any of the cost? If so, how much?

3. For women, how much did the monthly pregnancy test cost you? Did your insurance cover any of the cost? If so, how much?

4. For women, how much did the monthly forms of birth control cost you? Did your insurance cover any of the cost? If so, how much?

1. I have been on amnesteem for my first course and sotret for my second.

2. My first course amnesteem would have cost me $750 without insurance. I had good insurance so it covered all but $50 dollars of it. My second course I am on Sotret and it would have cost $750 as well but my new insurance doesn't cover a lot of it. I pay $490 for my prescription for just one month. Having bad insurance sucks!

3.Monthly pregnancy tests cost me $90 bucks (derm appointment) and my insurance on my first course covered all but $30 bucks. My insurance now only covers $20 bucks. So now I pay $70.

4. Ortho Tri Cyclen costs me $70 dollars a month without insurance but $45 with my insurance. It only covers $25. It's the same price with my old insurance and with my new insurance, so no change there.

On my first course I paid $125 a month. Now, my second course, I pay $605 a month to be on this damn drug! But it's so worth it, so I don't mind. My parents only cover the cost of appointment and birth control but refuse to cover the cost of the actual drug, so as a college student I pay the $490 bucks a month.

Iam doing a study on Accutane/isotretinoin and iPLEDGE for my gender discrimination course. If you could please help me by answering these quick questions that would be must appreciated.

Isotretinoin

It was $4 dollars with insurance....without would of been $500

It costs $25 dollars

I chose abstence

Claravis

$5, insurance covered (according to pharmacy) $642

$0, completely covered by insurance

Cannot take HBC but it would be only $5 for generic or $20 for name brand

I used Claravis 40mg pills

2. How much did the Accutane/isotretinoin by itself cost you? Did your insurance cover any of the the generic was free through walmart. the name brand would have been $35

i think my insurance covered it... i did have to pay a little bit for all of the blood work. maybe like $23 a month

my birthcontrol pills were free through a state program

being a female, the medicinde didnt end up costing extra money... but it sure was a huge hassle!! ive never had so many pregnancy tests in my life!