Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I just want to vent. I started getting mild acne last summer, it got bad in January, got better, and is still a lot better than it was before but I still have acne! I know for a fact I had a hormonal imbalance last summer and have read that it takes a year for the body to balance itself. All my scars are spots/marks but if I don't stop breaking out the other ones won't heal! I changed my diet all for this and that's helped a lot but I guess I am still looking for a cure. Doctors have suggested antibiotics but that seems like a temporary solution. And I just graduated from school and am doing job interviews and this really hurts my self-confidence. I worry that employers think I am really stressed out already and can't handle stuff/stress. And I am trying to meet people and acne hurts my self confidence. I used to put my hair up all the time but I feel embarassed now.

Of course I know things could be worse and that I have a lot to be thankful for in my life, but this acne is worrying me because I wonder if something is wrong with me internally at least for now. And I hate wearing makeup and never did before. And its summertime. And the truth is I know people aren't staring at my skin when they talk to me but I guess I worry about that. Or people that saw me when I didn't have acne and now I do, I wonder what they think.

Anyways, that's enough about obsessing about my acne.

Ah I feel better now.

It sounds like it isn't too bad but it's bothering you a lot. Why not get the opinion of several people as to how bad it is so you don't have to guess as to what people are thinking. biggrin.gif

it will stop just believe in yourself, never give up and say FUCK IT cuz you can beat it. just wake up every day ready to battle it, and youll be good to go.

Argh I know it seems neverending. I wouldn't have thought that a few spots on my forehead when I was 12 would turn out to all the marks it has now. The truth is, it can all turn really bad in a matter of months. January, I was fine. May and I hate the thought of seeing the same people I saw those few months ago incase they think....what the hell happened?

It gets to the point where your whole world revolves around how long you have to put make up on, and how bad your skin looks outside.. and it sounds kinda like you have the same situation as me with the hair and make up. Grrrr!

Don't worry about getting pissed off with acne though, these boards really help! And remember that if you're starting to find ways to deal with it now, chances are you'll prevent it from getting worse... and you'll not have to deal with more permanent scarring. I'd suggest that you really talk to your doctor about the emotional issues as well, which is what I plan to do next week (I'm on antibiotics, which I think they sort of fog you off with in a sort of ''you'll grow out of it'' way). Good luck!

Go on the antiboitics! Its silly to me to say that you dont want to because it is only temporary. All acne solutions are only temporary. There is no cure, just constant treatment.

Please don't go on the anti-biotics. They can cause serious long-term damage.

However, all acne is due to internal problems. I suggest you read the Diet/Holistic Health forum on this site. It has so much imformation that I wish I knew years ago, and because of it, I'm finally becoming clear.