Notifications
Clear all

Bumps on the face?

MemberMember
(@oh-so-outrageous)

Posted : 04/12/2009 4:42 pm

So the right side of my face is covered in bumps (not very small ones) that are skin colored, and that I can feel beneath the surface.

These skin colored "bumps" remain in their place for months at a time, making my skin look raised and bumpy, but they aren't red or inflamed.

Then, over time, the bumps surface into nasty pimples - almost as if they're glad to be out from under the surface!

So is there any way to *prevent* these bumps from "surfacing" into pimples?

Can I eliminate them while they're still skin colored bumps?

My regimen is as follows:

Just moisturizer/makeup in the morning

Evening: Hydroquinone + Acretin cream (for red marks)

Night: Isotrexin Gel

My cleanser is the Acne-Aid bar soap by Steifel.

I have gotten these "bumps" for over three years, and I am sick of them! Is there any way to prevent them surfacing?

MemberMember
(@polska-laska)

Posted : 04/12/2009 6:14 pm

So the right side of my face is covered in bumps (not very small ones) that are skin colored, and that I can feel beneath the surface.

These skin colored "bumps" remain in their place for months at a time, making my skin look raised and bumpy, but they aren't red or inflamed.

Then, over time, the bumps surface into nasty pimples - almost as if they're glad to be out from under the surface!

I have gotten these "bumps" for over three years, and I am sick of them! Is there any way to prevent them surfacing?

Shoot I wish I could help you, but I'm not sure exactly what those bumps are. Pics? Also, if you don't mind me asking, how is the Hydroquinone working to fade your red marks?

MemberMember
(@ocean27)

Posted : 04/13/2009 3:51 am

I know what you mean. I've had these 'blind pimples' for about two years as well...

These pimples would also turn into really nasty inflamed ones and I actually developed scarring from them..

Now I'm on Accutane and it has actually gotten rid of most of the pimples and i don't have bumpy skin anymore. I just wish I'd taken it earlier... Sadly the Accutane doesn't get rid of scars...

Anyways, maybe you should talk to a dermatologist first...

MemberMember
(@elgarog)

Posted : 04/13/2009 12:54 pm

I got those when i didn't moisturize properly. Use a good moisturizer like Cetaphil which will actually improve skin condition.

For the record i don't think soap on the face is a good cleanser. Too harsh and drying which is probably why you have those bumps.

Hopefully your makeup is oil and non acnegenic.

MemberMember
(@acne-go-away)

Posted : 04/13/2009 11:15 pm

What about Salicylic Acid (BHA)? It breaks down non inflamed acne very well.

MemberMember
(@karly)

Posted : 04/14/2009 12:07 am

I know what you mean..I get the same kind and when they finally come to surface they still take a couple of weeks to go away..I'm going to the derm tomorrow hopefully he'll prescribe something more effective than the salicilyc acid gel I'm using!

MemberMember
(@xelz-hah)

Posted : 11/07/2013 8:01 pm

Has anyone found a solution to this! Does anyone get it around your eyebrows?

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 11/07/2013 8:34 pm

What about Salicylic Acid (BHA)? It breaks down non inflamed acne very well.

BHA of any kind should help reduce those skin colored bumps. They are closed comedomes that over time become inflamed from the pus sitting underneath your skin, hence why they surface as angry pimples. I recommend using Paula's Choice 2% BHA+.