Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MPD014

DANDRUFF WHILE ON ACCUTANE!

MY SCALP IS LIKE RLY DRY FROM THE A-TANE AND I AM USING HEAD AND SHOULDERS (ANTI-DANDRUFF SHAMPOO). BUT MY DANDRUFF IS STILL HERE! ANYBODY ELSE GET THIS AND WHAT DID U DO FOR IT??? (AND I NEVER GET DANDRUFF, AND I AM ALMOST POSITIVE IT IS FROM THE TANE)

MY SCALP IS LIKE RLY DRY FROM THE A-TANE AND I AM USING HEAD AND SHOULDERS (ANTI-DANDRUFF SHAMPOO). BUT MY DANDRUFF IS STILL HERE! ANYBODY ELSE GET THIS AND WHAT DID U DO FOR IT??? (AND I NEVER GET DANDRUFF, AND I AM ALMOST POSITIVE IT IS FROM THE TANE)

I washed my hair every other day towards the end of my first course because my scalp was also very dry. I used a shower cap. I found washing it everyday got to be a bit too drying for my hair. I use head and shoulders too. I also put jojoba oil on my scalp the night before I wash my hair. When I wash it in the morning it isn't as dry and has a much better texture to it.

After the second week of accutane my scalp was SO dry and flaky, awful. I tried many dandruff shampoos, and they didnt work. I then tried Neutrogena Triple Moisture Dry Scalp Soothing Shampoo and Conditioner. Within 2 days of use once a day my scalp was back to normal. No itching or flakes. I cant find it in stores anymore but I have found it online. Just Google it and you should be able to find. Use the shampoo and conditioner once a day.

wow thank god actually. My scalp has been itching like crazy and i thought i was going to be balding from the accutane and was worrying like crazy

thank god its just dandruf.