Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey all im just wondering how long you have to wait post tane before you get a tattoo. Im turning 18 on September 30 this year and was kinda trying to get a tattoo. depending on whether my course is 5 or 6 months it will either end in june or july. thanks in advance.

I didn't know accutane had an effect on tattoos. I hope not. I have a full sleeve on my right arm that is not fully done yet. I just started accutane 3 days ago and I have to go back for another tattoo session next week. If any1 knows about this please let us know. :)

trevor, I don't know if 2 or 3 months is going to be long enough. The skin is still pretty thin and sensitive. I believe the time frame is 6 months, but it would be best to discuss it with your dermatologist.

P3dr0, you might want to ask your dermatologist as well. Accutane makes the skin thin, sensitive, and healing slows. People usually notice those effects later on in the course, but still, I think it would be best to discuss it with your derm just to make sure. It would really really suck to shell out the money and not have the tattoo heal properly.

hey siava thanks for your post. yea thats what i was thinking, that i needed more time. Oh well, i guess it gives me more time to think about it and make sure not to put something stupid on my body :) but yea ill prolly ask my derm also to follow up. and yea pedro i would be a little worried. However its early so you might be ok, even though your on 80 and thats pretty high so it might start effecting you quick, but thats just a maybe. I would agree with siava, call your derm and see what he/she says.