Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~Chris~

Shaving with acne? (military)

Hi guys. Haven't posted here in awhile. Acne used control my life when I was like 16-18 but I eventually realized that life is only what I make out of it, and this problem is only temporary (since it seems to be getting less intense yearly, and my parents grew out of it in their 20's). So, I moved on with my life, couldn't find a job in today's economy, and went and enlisted in the National Guard after over a year of applying at every McDonalds and Dunkin' Donuts in my area and getting nothing out of it.

So basically what I'm getting at, is at Basic training and AIT (Boot Camp and job training) for the military, which lasts 4-5 months, they're going to force me to shave, with a stick razor. You're not allowed to bring an electric razor. They do let you bring shaving cream. Here's the problem; (at 19) I still have somewhere between mild-moderate acne all over my chin and upper neck, and it gets worse when I shave. A lot worse. I normally take a warm shower, wash my face with the Acne.org cleanser (still have some left over after the program never really worked for me), and then shave with an electric razor. Any tips on using a stick razor, what kind to buy, and maybe any further tips about it to reduce break-outs? Obviously I'm not at Basic to impress anyone, but shaving could be hell if I have a ton of acne.

And basically the hair I grow is like, 15-20 random hairs all over my chin, and a faint barely noticeable mustache, but I don't get acne there anyways, only on my chin. It grows slow, but I'm sure its going to grow in faster the more I shave.

I have the same probelsm too my acne seems to inflame when I shave Im just replying because I totally know what you mean about trying to find a job in this economy but I feel im too weak to join any forces -.-

I have the same probelsm too my acne seems to inflame when I shave Im just replying because I totally know what you mean about trying to find a job in this economy but I feel im too weak to join any forces -.-

This could be seen as off-topic, but meh... I'm 5'7, 125 lbs, and I am skinny, with decent cardio, and can only do about 30/30 push-ups/sit-ups. My recruiter thinks that if I keep working on it for the 3 months I have before Basic, I'll be in better shape then a lot of people there. Don't let that stop you. You'd be surprised how much you can accomplish in a few months, especially if you can find someone who's willing to work out with you and run with you, like I did. I take Karate classes as well.

I don't know anything about boot camp, do you have access to scissors there? If so, you could try carefully trimming your hairs down so they aren't really noticeable anymore. That's what I do when eliminating facial hair that has acne around it.

you shouldnt shave with acne, if you only have a few hairs you should invest in a microtouch turbo:

http://www.amazon.com/MICROtouch-Turbo-Men...h/dp/B0009A0CKE

Hi guys. Haven't posted here in awhile. Acne used control my life when I was like 16-18 but I eventually realized that life is only what I make out of it, and this problem is only temporary (since it seems to be getting less intense yearly, and my parents grew out of it in their 20's). So, I moved on with my life, couldn't find a job in today's economy, and went and enlisted in the National Guard after over a year of applying at every McDonalds and Dunkin' Donuts in my area and getting nothing out of it.

So basically what I'm getting at, is at Basic training and AIT (Boot Camp and job training) for the military, which lasts 4-5 months, they're going to force me to shave, with a stick razor. You're not allowed to bring an electric razor. They do let you bring shaving cream. Here's the problem; (at 19) I still have somewhere between mild-moderate acne all over my chin and upper neck, and it gets worse when I shave. A lot worse. I normally take a warm shower, wash my face with the Acne.org cleanser (still have some left over after the program never really worked for me), and then shave with an electric razor. Any tips on using a stick razor, what kind to buy, and maybe any further tips about it to reduce break-outs? Obviously I'm not at Basic to impress anyone, but shaving could be hell if I have a ton of acne.

And basically the hair I grow is like, 15-20 random hairs all over my chin, and a faint barely noticeable mustache, but I don't get acne there anyways, only on my chin. It grows slow, but I'm sure its going to grow in faster the more I shave.