Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
diana222

possible to get rid of red marks while still treating acne?

Hi, I don't know what to do anymore, I'm so desperate. I've had red marks for nearly two years and I've tried tons of methods and nothing works and I keep getting more acne that keeps leaving more red marks. My red marks are worse than my actual acne and I've tried: Retin-A, lactic acid, vitamin e, jojoba oil, extra virgin olive oil, the baby brush method, the tape method, and all of these things just break me out more! And it's not like I'm not trying to treat my acne too: I tried an antibiotic pill, I tried the birth control pill, and I tried benzamycin but none of these work either!!! I also tried doing nothing. Also, shouldn't my red marks be going away by now? It's almost been 2 years! Does anyone have any suggestions for someone who none of the mainstream methods seem to work for?

I recommend the cleanser Aqua Glyolic or SkinCeuticals Clarifying Cleanser. Look them both up on line.

How long did you try EACH of those methods? Remember that sunscreen will also help if you're in the sun a lot; tanning will make those marks stay around longer.

Did you look at the pinned posts at the top of this forum? I'd strongly suggest reading those. No method will provide instant results. It takes time, sometimes more than three months to see results. Retinoids frequently cause an initial breakout but that is no reason to stop using the retinoid, it just shows the retinoid is doing its job.

How long did you try EACH of those methods? Remember that sunscreen will also help if you're in the sun a lot; tanning will make those marks stay around longer.

Did you look at the pinned posts at the top of this forum? I'd strongly suggest reading those. No method will provide instant results. It takes time, sometimes more than three months to see results. Retinoids frequently cause an initial breakout but that is no reason to stop using the retinoid, it just shows the retinoid is doing its job.

I've tried most of these for several months, usually from 3-8 months. Yes, I did Retin A for six or seven months. You recommended it to me. And it caused an initial breakout, but that's it. Also, I never tan and rarely go out in the sun, and when I do, always use sunscreen.

I dont know, seeing as how acne a lot of time results in red marks. it's like a never ending cycle. One of the first tips posted was to prevent acne to begin w/ when dealing w/ red marks.

I dont know, seeing as how acne a lot of time results in red marks. it's like a never ending cycle. One of the first tips posted was to prevent acne to begin w/ when dealing w/ red marks.

Is it really possible to prevent/get rid of acne or can you only treat it while it comes? Like, how does it finally go away? Do you just grow out of it?