Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
enigma4life

No need to moisturize?

Hey guys and gals,

I've been on the regimen now for about 6 weeks. At first, I found that the Cetiphil moisturizer helped out with the drying and redness. The redness associated with the bp(Dan's gel) is non-existant now. My skin does not flake either. The weeks have gone on, and I find myself using more and more bp and almost no moisturizer. This is due to the way moisturizing makes my skin feel oily I suppose.

Just wondering if anyone else doesn't feel the need to moisturize.

By the way, the regimen has been working out great. Before I started, my face was out of control with random zits, some cystic. While I still have problem areas, my face is so much more predictable and manageable. I'm hoping in a few weeks to not have any active acne.

Anyhow, just thought I would see if this unheard of.

yeah enigma4life, i too do not feel the need to moisterize. I moisterise only if the bp makes my face fell tight after apllying it. The moisteriser takes away the "tight" feeling. I rarely moisterise. My current moisteriser makes me look oily, but not feel oily (weird). i had an avon one that i started the regimen with that worked wonders and didn't make me feel oily at all, it's called pore-fection. If i had it i'd moisterise everytime i'd apply bp because it makes my skin feel nice and soft and has no annoying oily residue. The consistance of it is really light, doesn't feel oily or anything.

I'm with you guys. The bp gel has such a nice consistency that I find no need to moisturize after applying it to my face. I only use it at night, though. In the morning, I only wash my face and apply moisturizer with spf 15. I think it's important you at least use a moisturizer or sunscreen with spf 15 in the mornings for the rest of the day since bp can make your face very sensitive to the sun. So if you do the regimen in the morning, do yourself a favor and moisturize with some sort of sun protection, even if you don't really find you need it. Unless you're not in the sun all that much. I use Clean and Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer with spf 15, it's actually a very good moisturizer and leaves my skin feeling matte, not oily.

I get kinda freaked out when I don't use bp. Maybe it's all in my head LOL. But I feel like it is the key to my face not exploding into a pizza. I went camping last weekend and totally ditched the regimen for 3 days. And of course i have a small breakout on my forehead to show for it.

Makes me wonder sometimes.

I only use it at night, though. In the morning, I only wash my face and apply moisturizer with spf 15.

Aerobunny: have you always only used the bp at night?? Is it still affective?

Thanks

Yup, I've always only used BP at night. When I used it in the morning, it would make my face look absolutely horrible. I don't wear makeup, so I can't cover my BP-ed face with anything. I'd say it's still effective using it nightly, but not as effective as using it both day and night.