Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rivercat

Really bad breakout :[

Hey guys, I was going hard with the regimen for a month straight, and then I decided to start cutting down the BP to only using it at night. The results were working the same. But then I decided I really need to exfoliate, so over the past week and a half or so, I used some stupid Clean and Clear exfoliating stuff my sister had about 3 times. I definetly some aggravated acne coming so I stopped using it. I also scheduled a micro for last Thursday, but it got messed up and I had to move it to this Tuesday. So that caused me to stop using the BP for about 2 days straight. So that Thursday, I decided to pop alot of those nasty brokenout pimples and start using BP again. I used it last night, and this morning as well. I'm looking at my face now and it looks terrible. Redness like everywhere, little bumps everywhere, some whiteheads. It's a mess. What should I do? I didn't put BP on tonight, I feel like it could make it worse. I only used Dan's Cleanser. Bottom line, what should I do? Get back onto the regimen following the correct steps? Don't using BP for a few days? It really sucks cause I just involved with a girl, and it's been a real long time, she hasn't seen me broken out like this, it's driving me crazy. Help me please! :[

This really sucks. I have small red bumps all over my face, along my hairline and on my nose, and along my mustache. Some are whiteheads, some are VERY tiny bumps with no heads at all. I don't know what to wash with and I have a micro in 3 days. :[

First of all Joey, relax this is temporary. Okay lets get this clear when your treating yourself with BP etc dont think about other procedures. Microderm is not neccessary and to be quite frank I though it was useless. Its a mild exfoliator to be honest (you will see your self). Dont waste your money. When your skin is red it means your doing something wrong. Slight redness is normal.

Its too late you have booked your microderm, but I suggest you stop after your first treatment. When on Dans BP or any BP for that matter dont use anything else, no need to. Your red marks will fade but granted only when your acne is under control and you have given them a couple months at the least. Microderm, hydroquinone, emu oil, all this stuff wont speed it up.

Also dont use clean and clear when on BP, absolutely no need to, thats what probably caused the breakout. Also when on the regiment you are not going to be 100% clear all the time but in time you will be pretty damn clear. From time to time you may get acne still (like a random 304 red spots) this is normal and part of life. However this is the key part, when you do get those little red spots, dont ever bother with them, keep applying the regiment to them eventually either head will form or they will dry out that in time (could be a week or so) they will crumble off or can just be picked relatively easily. Because in essence its just small hardened keratin that becomes infected. When the infection goes (with Bp) it will settle. No mark or small mark which will go far quicker than those ugle marks. Trust me on this one. Keep applying the BP day and night. You will be fine. Also dont ever stop using BP, if you get a breakout dont blame BP, its just normal to regardless of what, you need to believe me.

Cancel the next microdermabrasion treatment, it sounds like bad news with your skin's current condition.

Use Dan's cleanser and a little moisturizer or jojoba oil for the next few days, but no BP. You might break out some more, but it sounds like your skin needs to recover, so don't try to solve the problem created by adding in new treatments with more new treatments. Then start using BP again after your skin is less irritated and sensitive-feeling, but use less BP than you had been using when you stopped. Gradually increase it back up.

In the future when you want to exfoliate, you might would take a warm shower to soften your skin up, and gently rub off dead skin with a washcloth. Nothing harsher than that. You might try the jojoba oil exfoliating method linked in my signature, which is a pretty gentle and moisturizing way to deal with flaking skin.

Thanks so much man. I guess I'm gonna hop back onto the regimen a few days after my micro then. I really want this micro because I have deep clogged pores on my inner cheeks, that the BP wasn't treating, at all. I've had these deep blackheads for over a year now. The micro should be able to extract the blackheads that are deep inside, and flatten and smoothen out my cheeks. Right now I'm just washing with this natural soap that I was using before the regimen. The soap comes with Carley's Clear and Smooth Acne Treatment. I can't use anything that Dan provides before and after the micro because of the ingredients, so yeah, the soap should be okay til I'm ready to get back onto the regimen. Man, I hope I can get my skin back to how it was looking on the regimen.

I've been taking care of my body and skin for over a year now, so I felt like after this first month on the regimen, I was on a hot streak, almost got rid of my acne completely. So that's why I wanted to get this micro in and see how well it would help these clogged pores. But I really fucked up and started using that Clean and Clear garbage just cause I really felt like I need an nice exfoliation. I definetly wanna get back onto the regimen after the micro, hoping that it's sucessful. Thanks for the opinions guys.

1) you are drying your face out TO MUCH from BP use, the breakdown of the epidermis barrier is causing these breakouts.

2) you are aggrivating your acne by exfoliating to much (you should never exfoliate it is a natural process). you are breaking down the sensitive epidermis barrier when you do this causing massive breakouts.

I must re iterate never exfoliate or use any additional products whilst on the regimen. Also I agree that after shower is a good way to gently remove dead skin, by slowly massaging your face very lightly and for a short amount of time (stop after a certain point even if you think you can keep removing skin).

Secondly my advice would be to never skip a day or night application of BP (once your skin recovers) but instead reduce the AMOUNT of bp you're applying. Only do so if you really have to or feel your skin is really irritated (slight amount of redness is normal). Good luck.

Damn.

Does anyone know is Dan's Cleanser is safe to wash with before and after a micro? (not immediatley, i mean over the next week when I wash)

Damn.

Does anyone know is Dan's Cleanser is safe to wash with before and after a micro? (not immediatley, i mean over the next week when I wash)

It's a very gentle cleanser meant for all skin types including very sensitive, no medication or anything to irritate your skin. It should be fine to use after a microdermabrasion procedure.

My face is still full of little red bumps. I'm talking almost EVERYWHERE. I haven't got back on BP 'cause of my micro tomorrow. Do you think I should just cancel my micro? =/

Thanks Melody. I got back from it about an hour and a half ago. I really hope the acne goes away soon, I just got involved with a girl and she hasn't seen me like this yet. =/

The girl who did the micro says I should wash my face with a warm washcloth because using my hands just moves the dirt around instead of washing it away. Does anyone else agree with this? I always thought washing with a washcloth was irritating....

Yeah... um i don't agree with it at all. Infact my face was alot worse when I was using a wash cloth. Gentleness (and moisturizer) is key. Just make sure you wash your hands with a gentle unsented antibiacterial soap and water BEFORE washing your face. And I find the best time to wash my face is in the shower b/c the steam opens up the pores.

Yeah I think I'm gonna shower again before I go to bed and just use my hands.

How many days do you guys think I should wait til I get back onto the regimen and start using BP again? And how important is it to moistourize right now? I just want these bumps to go away, they really haven't changed yet and it's been like 4 days already. I hope things are different in the morning.

Yeah I think I'm gonna shower again before I go to bed and just use my hands.

How many days do you guys think I should wait til I get back onto the regimen and start using BP again? And how important is it to moistourize right now? I just want these bumps to go away, they really haven't changed yet and it's been like 4 days already. I hope things are different in the morning.

Honestly, I don't know anything about the regimen or BM. I'm on accutane so (even tho i should) i don't know much about the regimens on here

But as far as moisturizer goes (And i'm not just saying this b/c i need it for acctuane) here's the thing, when our skin is stripped of oil it over produces it, causing the oil to build up in certain places, in which causes us to break out. So its important to moisturize, that way our skin does not over produce oil. The moisturizer will evenly distribute natural moisture through our skin in which breaks down the over produced oil that causes us to break out, ie clearer skin.

What I would do if i were you is to get a Green Tea Serum (serum is moisturizer, great for guys ;])

You can get it at "THE BODY SHOP" and then find a hypoallergenic moisturizer with SPF and DON't get one for oily skin, get one for sensitive skin. An just an fyi I've always found that the natural stuff works best! :) The less harsh= the less break outs :)

I hope this helps

Hmmm, interesting...I'll look into that product then.

So here's my last question...

Can Dan's Cleanser help clear up my acne/breakout alone or should I get back onto the regemin using BP again this Friday/Saturdayish? Now that I've been off of the BP for over a week, I want to get back on it cause of the breakout, but at the same time I do not 'cause of all the harsh chemicals. It was REALLY clearing me up, but I read all over that it's good, it's bad, it's this, it's that. It's just really annoying.

I don't want to have to stick to something for the rest of my days. I wish I can just use goddamn menthol cleansing creams like Noxema. =/

Joey T first of relax, dont get worried. Firstly its important to know your skin type. Is it dry/oily/normal/combination?

First of all if your skin is oily or dry, you don't really require to moisturise when on the regimen. However if it is dry then its probably advisable you do. My skin is normal and I never moisturise on the regimen (in fact for me moisturing caused more breakouts always regardless of what I tried) but its different for everyone.

Now I suggest you do give the regimen a fair go again, but atleast remain on it for a month to judge whether it works or not. For me it worked instantly but then stopped working after a week for a few days and I was about to give up but instead I stayed patient and its paid off.

Also start of slowly, half a pump when you apply and build up as required. You can apply more to affected areas (such as the red bumps). If you can handle twice daily application then do so (i find this exceptionally effective comapred to once daily) otherwise only apply once and in this case overnight application is the best.

I only use the treatment on the regimen, no cleanser or moisturiser and to be honest I am having great results so haven't even considered the others and probably wont. Personally for a lot of people this works well. I personally dont believe in having to cleanse, moisturise etc because I think it only irritates the skin further but you need to play around and find the best options for you. I would suggest you stop any other treatment when applying dans BP and dont every exfoliate witha scrub etc. Also you cant get microderm when on the regimen either. Exfoliate in the shower only gently with your hands (clean hands) this way you wont be just rubbing the bacteria around your skin. There is no need to use a washcloth, that in my opinion will be more aggresive than your hands.

If you find the BP makes yous slightly red and itchy than bear with it, dont itch just take it, this is normal. However if you find your excessively red you must reduce the amount you apply. I find it would be better you apply small amounts twice a day then having to apply a lot more only once a day.

Bear in mind the regimen works better if you use more (as Dan recommends) but not everyone can handle it. Also dont apply as much to creases of your skin, and also avoid your under eyes.

That's all give that a go for a few weeks and hopefully things will turn out better for you.

By the way with those red bumps, dont try pop them, chances are nothing will come out as they dont have visible heads. I know the type you are talking about. However with these there is a clever trick normally. Just apply the BP on them for a few days, bear the itchyness but never touch them. They will dry out over time. The BP will get rid of the redness as the infection dies out (can take a week or so) however the bump will probably remain and the spot will probably come back some day. why? well although the infection is gone the gunk is still inside. What you do is that when the infection is gone and it looks like you just have small clogged pore take a warm shower, put a bit of extra heat on your skin for a few minutes and then when it is hot slowly press the side and white gunk (string like material) should be extracted. Hopefully that will be the last of that particular spot. However this procedure has to be done very precisely, you MUST be patient and wait for the bp to do its job over a course of days. Additionally if nothing come out with pressing gently dont exert more force, its simply not ready. Wait some more days if need be and then it should eventually be ready and you can try the process again. This works well for me and may help many others. Normally a lot of red acne bumps actually have very small gunk inside but its squeezing and pricking at in the early stages which leads to greater infection and material to form making it last longer and look bigger consequently leading to emotional distress.

Good luck and let us know how you progress!

Sid, thanks so much for all the information. I'm definetly gonna hop back onto the BP, either tonight or tomorrow night. It's been about 2 and a half days since the micro. I don't think the micro really did anything, and it'll be the last one I ever get probably haha. Do you think I'd be applying the BP to a few spots tonight? I read somewhere to wait 3 days, but I feel like the micro didnt do much for me...

Oh wow, great results. I used the BP last night and a bunch of bumps went away. So happy, I get to see my girl tonight. :D

keep doing this mate, it will work out hopefully. The thing is every now and then you will still breakout (you cant stop nature entirely) but bare with it this is a normal reoccurance and part of life. If you get to grips with that and acknowledge that you will be clear 80-90% of the time ATLEAST when full effects take place then you will have a happy life. Good luck and let this process go on for 6-12 months atleast and watch those red marks fade (remember dont worry or try jack all for red marks, it may cause you to breakout further), i have tried it all and trust me time works the best for them.

Well my skin has been getting better, except for my forehead, I can't figure out why, but I've been dealing with it np. But this morning, I woke up and my face looks a little messy. It's a bit red and I have lots of little tiny heads on the front of my face. I think this was caused by the way I washed last night. I didn't have alot of cleanser left at all, so I had to rub it pretty rough into my hands and my skin, since I couldn't get much out. I'm thinking that's exactly what the problem was. What should I do...order some more from the website now, or run to the store and get a different cleansing product? I have plenty of BP and Mostourizer left, so I maybe I should wait on ordering the whole thing. But one thing...will another cleansing product make my skin react weird and maybe breakout, or should I be okay since they're very gentle?

Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser works wonders for me. Oh, and I don't think that switching cleanser (unless one was medicated) would cause much of a breakout if at all.

Hmmm, which product is the closest to Dan's Cleanser? I'll feel most comfortable buying that one and buying a new set this week.