Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
klousmomi

Dryness around the mouth??

Hello,

I have been on Accutane for what seems like forever now. I have come to terms with the constant rash on my hands but now my face is extremely dry, around my mouth more than anywhere else. I don't know what to do to help it. I have tried Eucerin Cream and Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion.

Anyone have any advice????

:confused:

Hello,

I have been on Accutane for what seems like forever now. I have come to terms with the constant rash on my hands but now my face is extremely dry, around my mouth more than anywhere else. I don't know what to do to help it. I have tried Eucerin Cream and Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion.

Anyone have any advice????

:confused:

Have you used jojoba oil? Pick up some at whole foods or a holistic food store. Works like a charm. Use a couple of drops in with your moisturizer. Don't go too overboard or else it can make your face look oily. It doesn't clog pores and also helps with red marks.

Aquaphor, petrolatum jelly. They'll help soothe the very dry areas and protect them from cracking/bleeding. Use on your hands, too, particularly at bedtime. Wear cotton gloves over a nice slathering of petrolatum jelly or Aquaphor and you should begin to notice the difference within a few days. Seriously! Try it. :)

I am a nurse so have to wash my hands multiple times a day. In cold weather, the hands can crack and bleed with too-frequent washing. Petrolatum jelly and cotton gloves at night completely soothe and get rid of the cracking, bleeding and petechial rash from irritation.