Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

So, I'm doing everything right. Or at least I think so. I eat well (no yeast, little gluten, mostly veggies, no sugar, lots of water...), and am taking some supplements (herbs, zinc, garlic...) and I have moderate acne, lately not big inflamed pimples but smaller slightly inflamed spots. I've stopped using Ziana/Aczone, and am now JUST moisturizing and using pure TEA TREE OIL.

This has been a problem before, but just this morning I awoke to find my whole left cheek dotted with these tiny little red spots! they're really small, and feel almost smooth to the touch... just slight textural difference. They're NOT marks from old pimples, because I've never had pimples in those places before.

And my forehead has been showing with these tiny little bumps...

WHAT'S THE DEAL with all this fine activity? Could it be I'm dehydrating my skin by using undiluted tea tree oil? I AM moisturizing, but maybe it's not enough. I also ate one cookie yesterday, but this is a weird way to break out from that...

PLEASE GIVE ME ANY INSIGHT!

Thank you so much. :doh:

Hi,

So, I'm doing everything right. Or at least I think so. I eat well (no yeast, little gluten, mostly veggies, no sugar, lots of water...), and am taking some supplements (herbs, zinc, garlic...) and I have moderate acne, lately not big inflamed pimples but smaller slightly inflamed spots. I've stopped using Ziana/Aczone, and am now JUST moisturizing and using pure TEA TREE OIL.

This has been a problem before, but just this morning I awoke to find my whole left cheek dotted with these tiny little red spots! they're really small, and feel almost smooth to the touch... just slight textural difference. They're NOT marks from old pimples, because I've never had pimples in those places before.

And my forehead has been showing with these tiny little bumps...

WHAT'S THE DEAL with all this fine activity? Could it be I'm dehydrating my skin by using undiluted tea tree oil? I AM moisturizing, but maybe it's not enough. I also ate one cookie yesterday, but this is a weird way to break out from that...

it DEFINITELY sounds like something you are using topically is causing those little spots....are you using pure UNDILUTED tea tree oil? You shouldn't do that!! you have to dilute it quite a bit before you put it on your skin. I personally did not like tea tree oil as a topical, I found it to be too harsh. Just because something is natural, doesn't mean it's gentle. be careful...

PLEASE GIVE ME ANY INSIGHT!

Thank you so much. :doh:

I found a really similar thing when i was using E45. E45 isn't actually a good moisturiser to use if you've got acne, and the way it broke me out was by these tiny spots just like you described. So maybe it's the stuff your using? unless of course you've been using it for some time?