Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ubermensch

Isolagen treatment?

Hi,

I don't know too much about it, but I know that a few people here have tried it, and it is certainly not a miracle treatment for scarring. It can have good results, I think, but bear in mind that the before and after shots are often either digitally altered or taken in good lighting with make up. It's depressing I know, but that's what some companies do.

Don't let this stop you from looking into it. It's still a very new treatment so at the moment people are still gathering evidence and forming opinions about it. I'll get back to you if I remember who on this board has had it done. The posts might have been deleted when the board crashed last week.

Try not to get too depressed. There are a lot of other viable options. Have you looked into puredeming.com's intense gel and copper peptides products? They are excellent for improving skin tone and reducing red marks - won't GET RID of scarring but can improve the look of your skin.

Treatments other than isolagen have had a lot more research done into them, such as needling, smoothbeam, dermabrasion etc. Smoothbeam and needling both have got some very good receptions.

I know that animegirle is a good source of info on smoothbeam and Oursfan is a good source on needling. Try P-Ming them (private messaging). They might be able to give you more help than I can! biggrin.gif

Good luck!

idea.gif

Hi Geordi, I don't think that Isolagen would be the treatment that would be appropriate for your problem. Isolagen is a process where a small punch biopsy is taken ( usually from behind your ear ) then it is sent to a lab where fibroblasts ( the cells that produce collagen ) are extracted and grown. It is then sent back to your doc and is injected into wrinkles, lines, depressed scars etc to produce more collagen. It's like your own body producing a filler. It will not shrink scar tissue or dissolve the lumps, it is meant to increase collagen to plump up the skin. It is pretty safe for depresed scars and wrinkles since they are only re-injecting your own cells into your skin. Maybe some minor bruising at the injection site, but nothing major. Maybe you should see another more sympathetic Doc, there are treatments like cortisone injections and sometimes even excision, they can discuss several options you just need to find the right Doc. Good Luck :smile:

Hi, i have had 3 isolagen injections done, the last of them in december and i would say it has worked miraculasly (probably spelt wrong) so far. My scars are at least 70% better than last year (also using vinager and copper peptides) and after my 4th and 5th set of injections i am sure my skin will be almost perfect. The cost so far has been £2500 and will be another £1000 for the next injections which really is money well spent.

Geordie i think this would be a good treatment for you and i recommend that you get it done as soon as possible. This would help your scar tissue as it has helped mine a lot, what happens is that basically the new skin cells know what youre face should look like so it changes back to what it would look like before the scars (if that makes sense) it is NOT a filler it basically changes the scar tissue back to normal skin cells!

I am going on holiday tomorrow so cant really answer any questions for two weeks, but i really want to post my pictures to show the results when i get some done.

Good luck mate, things will turn around im sure biggrin.gif

I've had 5 sets of isolagen injections done, the last being in November. I'm a 30 yr old female and in good health. I definitely feel that Isolagen has improved the texture of my skin and softened my indented scarring, but it certainly hasn't filled them and all my scars are still visible.

Personally I think its a safe treatment so if you can afford it and a dermatolgist recommends it for your scar types then go for it.

Good luck with whatever you do!

I have lumps of scar tissue on my face because of infected acne and i cant hide them. Its disgusting. I went to an NHS hospital but they said that there is nothing they can do and that i have to cope with it. Its ruined my life because i cannot get a girlfriend anymore looking like this and im19 yrs old. I saw something on tv about isolagen treatment, there was a woman, I think in America, and she was a burns victim that had really bad scarring and they showed a before and after footage of her after isolagen treatment (it took about 6-12 months to work) and her face had completly cleared up, smooth skin and no evidence of scars. I want to know if anyone has tried it bacause it is available for acne scar treatment here in england but i think its not available in america. I really need this treatment if it works and want to know if anyone else has heard of it or tried it.

Does it not suck that we are such a sophisticated race, but cannot seem to get over appearances? What I mean to say is that for such a "Superior Race" we are too damn superficial. My heart goes out to one and everyone trying to turn back the clocks and repair all the years of damage to their appearance. Keep fighting and we are all beautiful, no matter what they say...

I know we can all get a bit carried away with appearance, but it really helps me if I like what I see in the mirror ( even tho other people might not see what I see ) whatever I do for my skin, I'm really doing for myself not other people, I'm my own worst critic.

Hi all,

Dr.Weiss in Maryland,U.S.A is taking names for Isolagen tests for FDA.

Talk to Cristie 410-666-3960. Only people who live 50miles with in the clinic can apply. I was not able to ,because I live in CA.

It's Free.

Just an addendum to the previous post: I called their office and the trial they're now conducting is for frown and nasolabial(?) lines.The acne scarring ones were completed already.If that's something you're interested in give them a call,they're still looking for people.The fact that I'm from New York wasn't an issue for them so don't pay too much attention to the whole 50 mile radius thing.The Dr. also claimed that Isolagen should be FDA approved either late this year or early next.Who knows.

This is info from Isolagen web site (posted yesterday):

http://www.isolagen.com/pages/pdf/7-21-04-...al%20trials.pdf

It explains the additional trials they will be doing. It also says they hope to apply for a biological licnese application early next year. So I'm assuming this is mumbo jumbo that they hope to be FDA approved by next year?

Personally I think the FDA want's to get their meat hooks around this and pad their coffers as this treatment modality has been used in the US since '95 and in the UK for over a year now. Why all of the testing?

Dr.Weiss's assistant told me that Isolagen worked very well on Ice pick type scars

in their test for FDA. I want to see the actual patient before I believe the claim.

I met with Dr. Chernoff yesterday in his Orange County, CA office. His primary offices are in Indiana and Santa Rosa, CA. Dr. Chernoff is among the three leading doctors who conducted the initial round of clinical trials for Isolagen. The other two are Dr. Boss (from New Jersey) who is one of the founders, and Dr. Gregory Keller, in Santa Barbara, CA (See Isolagen website). Anyhow, he said Isolagen will do wonders for my skin. The first thing he told me was that I was very handsome, but still didn't have to live with this (my skin prob.). Then he told me to buy this book (forgot name). Then to do this glycolic peel, both at home and by an aesthetician, for a period of time. Finally, he mentioned some serum that I should buy and apply.

He said Isolagen would be FDA approved within the next year. I found out about him after seeing an MSNBC report recently, where he treated a woman with second and third degree burn scars on her face. Looked like she had flawless skin.

Did he mention how much the treatment costs??? I'm really excited because I live in L.A. so I'm kind of close to his office smile.gif.

Zap, I know the treatment in London, where it is currently being used, is 2,500 British pounds, which is about $4,600 or so U.S. dollars. Dr. Chernoff said that he is conducting another round of trials for acne scarring, and that he was taking names. This will be free of charge. I'm still going to have it done in London though, as I don't think I can wait another year to live like this.

$4,600 for the entire treatment?? It sounds ok. To be honest, I'm willing to pay anything if it's really going to work. smile.gif . Thank you very much for the info and if you do the treatment, let me know how everything went. Latezzzzzzzz.

I need to know if isolagen can flatten out raised scar tissue.

I have heard that it has had excellent results with burns victims, and they usually have raised scar tissue dont they?

Im in newcastle england, and isolagen treatment costs £2500. I am hoping that it would work on me. I have a large lump of raised scar tissue on my face that i need to get rid of a.s.a.p has any one tried it and do you think it can flatten out my scar? :ph34r:

I think Isolagen provides a structural matrix for the growth of new collagen. It acts as a filler, so probably wouldn't work for raised scar tissue.

Hi Geordie,

you mentioned that you feel isolagen to be your only option due to the fact that you have raised scarring. Have you looked into needling and (if that isn't effective), dermabrasion?

Needling works by breaking up the scar tissue, so I imagine that it could be effective on 'lumps' of scar tissue, which you say you have. It is also relatively inexpensive (around £500) and is readily available in the UK, from:

Dawn Cragg's clinic in London HERE's the website

Bio2 clinic in Leamington Spa (near Coventry) - contact number for the clinic:

01926 424666 (hope the triple 6 isn't ominous! :unsure: )

I'm hoping to have the procedure done by Julie at bio2 later this year (although my scarring is mainly atrophic)

Here's the major needling thread on the board: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...354&hl=needling

I don't know if dermabrasion is readily available in the UK, but this may be another option. It works by essentially 'sanding down' the skin and is supposed to be extremely effective on raised scars. Indeed, it is often recommended that indented scars are raised up through a procedure such as subcision to get the maximum benefits from dermabrasion.

So this sounds like it could be great for your scarring :think: - however it is an extremely invasive procedure and you should look into it a lot before deciding on anything. (It's also very expensive - around £3000, but then again this isn't a great deal more expensive than isolagen)

Here's a thread about the procedure for you to look at if you're interested:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...hl=dermabrasion

Good luck Geordie.

By the way, I'm at uni in Durham (back home for the Summer at the moment - not lovin the sluggish internet connection! :angry: ) and I love your corner of the world! biggrin.gif