Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welp, im all cleared upso my derm told me that there is a really good product out there called neutrogena multi vitiman acne treatment which works really well and I should use that instead of the Taz because the taz causes more pimples.

Because the Taz Causes more pimples?! Thats a new one for me.

Anyway, How long have you been on the tazorac to get you clear?

8 MONTHS

yes he said using it will cause me to break out because its to strong

Yes, it took care of alot of the red marks

i still have some left and maybe one or 2 pimples

Same here, I have exactly 2 pimples left but have alot of redmarks. I have been on it exactly three months today.

I have been on it 5 months and I am clear too but my Derm told me to keep on using it to stay clear. Hmmmmmmmmm...makes me wonder who is right here. I hate to keep using it if I don't have to b/c it still makes me a little flakey and sunscreen is an absolute MUST in the summer while you are using it. I wonder if it is one of those drugs that you have to keep using though or you will have a relapse. I hate to take that chance. :think:

You know it all depends on there person i dont think there in a "whos right here" TAZ makes me break out more and more whenever I use it, so I am gettin off of it and he told me I am better off tryin neutrogena multi vitiman acne treatment because its a realy good product

ive never seen that neutrogena multi vitamin. I take it comes in pill/capsule form?

Sickofthis: According to the Taz website its only suppose to be 3 months. I have 2 whiteheads still but 90% of acne is cleared, just dealing with alot of redmarks. I will continue to use it, but judging by the site, once clear it should be enough.

Just started Tazorac today, my face is not too bad because i was on accutane months ago. I hate to hear all of the cons about this medication... sad.gif

Dont Get discouraged Andy, Tazorac = the next best thing next to accutane. Or I should rephrase the strongest topical out there. Tazorac is very good.

I haven't really heard much of taz. Is this a new product? i never heard anything about it a few years ago.

I went to a walk-in clinic and wanted a scrip for Doxycycline and tazorac....the doc hadn't even heard of taz...what an idiot, he gave me a scip for the doxy but instead gave me somethin called Dalamil T (i don't know if that's right) but it an antibiotic topical....anyways i'm gonna see if i can get taz somewhere else.

hey fame...are you on doxy as well as taz? if so how has it been? I'm wanting to try a combo of doxy and taz for 3 months, if that doesnt' work ill try accutane.

Taz is a great med, it really really cleared my acne nicely...it also took care of alot of my red marks.. when I was on it i was told every other day and then when i went back to him 2 months later he said everyday, then i just went back and he said take it back down to every other day and stop using it once the tube is empty.

he said the med isnt for people who get one or 2 pimples, more like cysts and break out with 5-10 pimples at a time..and because its so strong it flushes out all your acne and it does that constantly which is good, but for people with minor acne its not good to use. since im cleared up and have very few red marks left he said to go back to using over the counter meds such as BP or neutrogena multi vitiman acne treatment...he said he multi vit will improve my skin because of the things in it such as...

Vitamins A, E and Pro-vitamin B5 to fight damage to skin and help restore healthy-looking skin.

Natural Fruit Extracts to reduce the marks from old blemishes, even out blotchiness, and reveal a clearer, smoother complexion.

hey ST....what kind of acne do you have? I have moderate acne...no cysts, but I do get acne scarring and avg around 1-5 new acne per week....this week is pretty bad I have 3 whitehead or pustular type ance on my forhead right next to each other and 1 on my jawline that appeared overnight and is ready to pop. I think this recent outbreak might be due to using BP again ( that crap jus doesnt do it for me) anyhoo...what percentage did you use of taz? how long were you on it for? what did you use in conjuction with it? thanks for reply in advance.

I went to a walk-in clinic and wanted a scrip for Doxycycline and tazorac....the doc hadn't even heard of taz...what an idiot, he gave me a scip for the doxy but instead gave me somethin called Dalamil T (i don't know if that's right) but it an antibiotic topical....anyways i'm gonna see if i can get taz somewhere else.

hey fame...are you on doxy as well as taz? if so how has it been? I'm wanting to try a combo of doxy and taz for 3 months, if that doesnt' work ill try accutane.

I was on dalicmin- T once for about 8 months while taking tetracylcine, didn't have very good results.

As for fame, how long have you been on taz? have you had pretty good results, I was on accutane, and had a clear face for awhile. Now i have a few zits, I think taz should work on me but i don't know. How long do i ahve to wait to see results.

Well normally its 3 months but, i was seeing results after 1 1/2. Been on it exactly three months.

HERE IS THE THING WITH ME.......

I never had an acne prob..never I started getting them and they would go away in a couple of days cause I bp'ed the shit out of them....well, I made it worst by overwashing, but those left and then I starting getting cysts.....So I went on dans reg and my skin was tore up just tore up....after 3 months dans reg i was looking good but i was still getting cysts so I was put on doxy taz and plexion cleanser..

FUCK the plexion it dryed me up sooooooooooooooooooo much it chapped my lips it was horrible, so i was told to get some cetaphil...

Now, im all pretty much clearned up i have a couple of pimples..just a couple and some red marks, and a couple of scars..

go to NEUTROGENA.com if you wanna look at the multi vitiman acne treatment. I havent started yet I am starting on it this coming monday cause i wanna give my skin a week or so to get me off this taz

my aim name is esstee1984 if anyone wants to talk