Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

other people dont notice your acne as much as you do

I got a few big pimples on my jawlines a few days ago. It made me feel really ugly and depressed. I dont know why but a even a few new pimples can make me feel like shit. So anyway i decided to go to the library even though I feel everyone would stare at my face because of the new pimples. I was wrong. No one stared at me as though i was ugly. In fact some girls were even checking me out. I walked pass these 2 girls. They saw me and stared at me with a face expression like this :shock: . After walking pass them i could still see them staring at me and i over heard them say I look like Yamashita Tomohisa(which is a erally big compliment). I was really shocked because they saw my right side which is worse side yet they did not notice my skin. I still dont know how they did not notice my skin because the lighting was also pretty bright but they didnt. So it is really true that other people dont notice your skin as much as you do.

Even though i know this, i still feel like my entire face is a giant bullseye board with the bumps as the bullseye... and it is all lit up... neon colored. Its hard to remember that others dont see it that way.. I'm glad that you had that experience to remind us all! thanx for sharing : )

Even though i know this, i still feel like my entire face is a giant bullseye board with the bumps as the bullseye... and it is all lit up... neon colored. Its hard to remember that others dont see it that way.. I'm glad that you had that experience to remind us all! thanx for sharing : )

Hey i understand that. I used to be like that aswell. I didnt really believe other people dont see my skin the way I see my skin but now that i had that experience i really believe it!

Unbelievable isn't it? We all have a certain type we are attracted to. Your next move should be to approach those girls and talk to them. You already had one foot in.

I've always wondered this - never quite believed it. >< Good to hear it from someone else. And good luck with those girls ;]

Yeah I've always thought this, people have always said my skin isn't as bad as I think it is. People tell me constantly but I still think my skins bad. Bah : (

When we look at the mirror, we tend to judge ourselves many folds more then how others views us.

I once went on halloween dressed in giant pimple (with "puss" exploding at the top), no one noticed me.

realising that other people honestly don't give a shit about my skin was a big step in me moving on and not letting acne rule my life anymore.

I had a breakout on my chin one day and went to school, and a girl in my class came up and asked me a question about something during the lecture, I was thinking "oh great you're going to stare at the huge cyst on my chin", but I noticed that she didn't look away from my eyes, I thought that was cool, it made me feel a lot less self conscience.

I really wish that were true my girlfriend dumped me cause my acne I didn't have it when I met her

Ouch, if that's not the definition of shallow then I don't know what is.

That's cool. With that said, you should've approached them and see what happens.

There are a few possibilities here.

I've realized that nobody treats me any differently on a bad day or a good day!

A) For me, my girlfriend didn't love me any less because I had acne. She just wasn't able to deal with me when I was obsessing over it, when I got mad when she tried to touch me, when I got depressed because of it. It's not because your skin changed. It's because you changed.

B) She's shallow as fuck and you guys didn't know each other well and you're better off not wasting energy on her anyway.

C) something else

I really wish that were true my girlfriend dumped me cause my acne I didn't have it when I met her

Hey are you sure that is the reason why you broke up with you? You know that skin is less important for boys. Acne cannot reduce your physical appearance that much.

Unbelievable isn't it? We all have a certain type we are attracted to.

Yea you are right. I know that some girls like feminine looking boys while some other girls like the manly looking boys. I am kind of feminine looking so I know that some girls do not find me attractive but i dont care because i dont like them either. I find the girls who like those manly looking boys with short hair, big muscles etc quite strange. As long as the person i like also likes me i am satisfied.

Think about it this way...

Do you ever realise what someone elses skin looks like? Have you even thought "Wow, they've got horrendous skin."?

Well, there's a reason that they say, "You are your own worst critic." ;) For example, earlier this school year I woke up one morning and felt like crap, so I just threw my hair up, put on sweatpants and a t-shirt and went to class--no make up or anything.

I forgot how the topic was broached, but I made a comment that day at lunch, "Uggh, no I look really bad today." A good friend of mine (he is male) asked, "Why?" and I told him that for one I wasn't wearing any makeup that day. He just gives me this strange look and says, "Really? I didn't notice."

It gave me peace of mind at the time, of course, but I continue to be self-conscious. What can I say? Old habits die hard, and my insecurity isn't derived from acne alone... naturally, then, that wasn't a one-cure-fix-all, but it made me feel good. :)

true but going through high school......its hard to not get at least one person a day staring at ur acne.....after a year of dealing with a worser moderate acne (had mild...it moved to bad mild, which moved to bad moderate this year). Im FINALY realizing that i can jus guide ppl to look at my eyes before my picked at acne. Its annoying that ur prevoius closest friends and girlfriends (boyfriends for girls) avoid u a bit cuz u have bad skin now... but ive made new friends

am i as happy as before? HELL NO. but im learning to deal with it

i used to, after a breakout, become paranoid of EVERYONE and quickly jerk my head at them. To see if they were staring at my skin. yes some were..and then id be super self conscious and anxiety to the max

I learned these past few weeks... that if i just stare either at there eyes....or down at my papers or up at the front of the class... i dont worry about others staring that much.... and wen the days over it saves stress...and i can wait for this to clear

answer to the topic title..

it all depends how bad your acne is.. if its full on severe they people will notice it, but you'd certainly know it too

if its just a few odd spots, nobody is gonna give a monkeys accept possibly yourself!