Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
van_dyk

Body Hyperpigmentation!!

Hi everyone, ive just registered on this forum although ive been reading in it from a while. I suffered from body acne for about seven years till now, but thanks god its all gone now, and this was due to accutane. My problem now is ive got dark spots all over my back, shoulders and chest. I went to a derm who gave me a 20% glycolic acid, im on it now for 2 weeks and no much difference, exept that i found my skin so smooth ( which is not what im looking for now :whistle: ). I really dont know what to do, did anyone suffer the same thing and got over it? i doubt that these spots can ever go away... I ve got a middle eastern skin which is not white and not brown, somewhere in between...

Thank u all for everyone who is gonna give me some information to get over that....

Goodluck all in any problem u r suffering :cool:

I've been told by a doctor that body scars are different from facial scars. It takes a lot longer to fade. Possibly 8 months to a year. You just have to be patient.

thx 4 ur reply, but i think that theire are dark spots from years ago, not 1 year :shifty: thats why i am not so happy about it :(

I am using a 30% glycolic acid lotion and it seems to be helping. I would stick with it for a while longer. I also use a body brush to stimulate the circulation and loosen the dead skin. This lotion is the only thing which has improved these marks, the back etc seems too large a space to have peels done, although if sure you could if you had a friend help. Perhaps you could ask for a slightly stronger glycolic acid lotion, I was using 15 but the 30 is working much faster.

Hi everyone, ive just registered on this forum although ive been reading in it from a while. I suffered from body acne for about seven years till now, but thanks god its all gone now, and this was due to accutane. My problem now is ive got dark spots all over my back, shoulders and chest. I went to a derm who gave me a 20% glycolic acid, im on it now for 2 weeks and no much difference, exept that i found my skin so smooth ( which is not what im looking for now :whistle: ). I really dont know what to do, did anyone suffer the same thing and got over it? i doubt that these spots can ever go away... I ve got a middle eastern skin which is not white and not brown, somewhere in between...

Thank u all for everyone who is gonna give me some information to get over that....

Goodluck all in any problem u r suffering :cool:

I saw a commercial on TV for Bio-Oil. I just started to use it and I do see minor improvements. I have only been using it for about a week. I will continue and hope to see more drastic results.

*PS: I do not apply this to my face, body only*