Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scorpio8647

I hate people that think they're experts on.......

I hate ignorant people who think acne & scars can just be taken care of with this cheap sorry product they mention. I was out with my friends yesterday, somehow, they got into the subject of my skin.... They weren't trying to be mean, I really appreciate them trying to help me but I was just like shut up. They were just like, I know something that'll make all of that go away..... Or this is the one that really makes me angry.... Why don't you just wash your face everyday?? I was like these scars just doesn't go away from washing your face. Then they wanted to say, It's time for me to change up my wardrobe. I want to dress nicer, look nicer... So when I get a job this summer, I'll definately get me some better looking clothes.. It's a big step in helping my face get better.Personally I feel like going through this big change in my life... I'm just tired of looking at this complexion.... I'm tired of it all....

I wouldn't want anyone to help get rid of my skin either! We'd be lost without it! wink.gif

Well while this might anger you and you have every right to be upset it kind of goes to show you (and us all) about how other people view us and our problem. We hate talking about it cause it makes us uncomfortable but obviously it doesn't bother the people you're around enough to stop them from talking about it in a helping or razzing kind of way. They probably don't understand why you'd be upset.

I don't think that acne is viewed to be as much of a problem as say...being overweight. Most people know not to mention it, or talk about it, in the presence of those who are overweight (for the most part), but I guess it isn't always the case for bad skin.

I understand the desire for change in your life.

It all starts with your mental ability to change.

You've hit the first step...wanting to change...

now, take actions, get all the information you can get about acne and do it....

Take critizism ...i did, and i changed my life....

A couple of years back when my acne was really bad I went into a chemist to get some stuff from the acne section and one of the girls working there came up to me and asked if she could help and I told her that I was right.

She just stood there staring at my face and then about a minute later she said "you know you should go and see a doctor about getting some antibiotics".

I was like WTF :blink:. I guess she was trying to help but man that got me down

some people are just simply too insensitive, like if they are really sincere, then they could just find a chance when there's no one around and speak softly regarding such things... not shout it out as though they want the whole world to know they are so "kind-hearted" to help us out...

ok sorry I was thinking about the various experiences I had before.

:snooty: When someone makes insensitive remarks about me, I'll just ignore them. :naughty: Some people just don't think before they say!