Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XtremeImports

Light Reflectors

Has anyone used any kind of light reflecting products? do these really help make your skin look a lot smoother? Are there any that you could recommend that aren't expensive?

These "light reflecting" makeups makes skin look oilier, in my opinion. I've used some, and have been disappointed each time. Basically, it's makeup with mica powder in it (read "shiny ground up pieces of rock") and are supposed to diffuse light for brighter looking skin or something. It made me look like a greaseball. I'd stay away from them...

but it you'd really like to try one for yourself, you can try L'oreal's Translucide liquid makeup. It's about $12

thanks for responding! that might be a problem for me too since i have very oily skin... Can you still use powder over the foundation and get the same effect?

No prob.. *^^*

What kind of powder do you mean? Do you mean regular powder over the light reflecting foundation? Or "light relfecting powder" over normal fondation?

Normal powder over light reflecting foundation looked ok, since it toned down the oily look. If you really want the light relfecting look, this is the best route to go.

if there's any advice I could give to anyone, it's to stay away from light relfecting powders! (Especially Sally Hansen).. I tried actually two (rather overpriced)powders from Sally Hansen; a light relfecting, oil absorbing one, and a oil absorbing one. It does not absorb oil, period, and the light relfecting thing just looked terrible on my skin. (I have oily skin with medium sized pores).

I hope this helps!

I'm talking about using a light reflecting foundation and using a normal powder over it......but now that i've been doing more research about foundations I think I'm going to use Loreal's Matte Liquid Foundation...it's supposed to help with oily skin really well and give full coverage and minimize pores. Theres good reviews about it on Makeup Alley..I'm going to buy Prescriptives invisible line smoother which has some reflecting properties to make scars less visible. But thanks for the tips! I haven't really experimented with diff make ups and the new products out there

Be careful about how you look in pictures when trying new makeup. For awhile, I thought I had a foundation that matched, and then people would take pictures of me and they would come back with my face really light/white. I'm now currently using MAC but haven't had any pictures of me developed yet. The lady that was working at the counter said that can happen with makeup that reflects light, and that MAC doesn't do that.