Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is there anything else that you can eat so that the red marks will fade faster?? Vitamin a & c are not speeding anything up. Even exercise isn't. Does anyone know why some peoples' fade extremely fast while others will take years to completely disappear??

thanks

do the steamer + baking soda mask, the instructions are here

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/true-holi...ch-t230116.html

when you do this, it may seem like your acne becomes worse right after you wash everything off. but give it a few hours and do it for 5 days and take a week break in between, and you'll have good results. well at least i did. i usually do this before i go to bed because it makes your skin very red and it looks like ur acne is flaring up, but it dies down.

I don't know if this works for everybody, but applying ACV topically really, really helped to fade my red marks and scars. A lot of people say putting lemon juice on topically also helps fade red marks quickly.

I would imagine you would have to do *something* topically to help speed the process, though making yourself healthy on the inside probably helps, too.

You could buy a product with alpha hydroxy acid. I swear by SkinCeuticals Clarifying CLeanser. If it werent for the mere fact Im on strong dermatological acne medications, Id still be using that cleanser. Unfortunately, its only sold on line and it is $28. Sometimes, you can get it for a bit cheaper though

Milk/egg/honey/crushed aspirin mask once/twice a week. Milk is a source of lactic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid that helps exfoliate. Aspirin is a source of salicylic acid. The honey is antibacterial. I forget what the egg does. :D

Well, I can say that since I have been using an AHA/BHA product for the last 3 weeks my skin looks much better. My scars have already started to fade nicely and my skin has a nice, even tone now.

I use a product called Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Pads. They are pricey little suckers but work VERY well. I think they are $45 for 60 pads. You can cut them in half to get more time out of them, or only use them 3-4 times weekly.

I however use them daily as my skin is very tolerable to AHA/BHA products. Some ppl have sensitivity to them so have to use less frequent. The directions say to wipe pads across face and leave on for up to 5 minutes and then rinse. I did that for a while then started leaving it on overnight and never had any problems doing that and my skin LOVES them.

I bought mine at Sephora (in a mall).

I think (could be wrong) that the original poster is looking for more natural alternatives.

I think (could be wrong) that the original poster is looking for more natural alternatives.

That's fine...just posted what has worked for me, take it or leave it.

I think while healthy foods are great...sometimes certain topical products known to help reduce pigmentation problems are the way to go.

JMO

Heather I wanna try those how long did it take for you to start seeing results? I've been doing the baking soda, acv, egg/lemon mask for a about a week and it seems to be helping but nothing dramatic

Gosh, honestly the first few days i noticed a difference and it just kept getting better.

i decided to try it after i read all the great reviews on makepalley.com.

I agree with Wynne on the honey. I've used it as an overnight spot treatment and it helped reduce redness. I'd recommend the natural unfiltered kind...I haven't tried an asprin mask though.

I've used a tomato, just slice it open and spread the juice on the red marks and leave it for about 20 min ant then rinse it off it helps reduce the marks, although if you use a tomato everyday your body gets too use to it. Well, mine did anyway. It'll sting a little bit too.