Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When I was using BP my pimples would last long as hell and the red marks as well.

Since I started taking zinc and b-complex with a gentle cleanser, my face has been "purging these last 2 weeks from all the bp I had been using., And now general complexion is way better and I seem to not have gotten a new breakout yet, but thats what I did, hope it helps. And when I was on BP, my face would feel so thin and the pus in pimples were more liquid, hope it helps.

Molly,

I really don't know. I didn't see anything in your sig about diet. What do you eat regularly? Have you tried low glycemic or no gluten? Take any supplements? Sleeping adequate # hours? Hydrated? Changing pillowcases frequently? Getting regular exercise?

I feel that it can be due to the process of getting older. As a general rule, when people were younger, pimples healed fast and didn't leave red marks for long, but now the process is much slower. Also, if you have the habit of picking or squeezing the deep ones, a successful attempt usually leads to faster resolution, but if it was a failed attempt that led to more inflammation, then the spot will last longer.

I am not trying to be offensive here, but if your acne lasts longer, it could also mean that it might have worsened; hence it is deeper in your pores and would take a longer time to resolve.

Molly,

I really don't know. I didn't see anything in your sig about diet. What do you eat regularly? Have you tried low glycemic or no gluten? Take any supplements? Sleeping adequate # hours? Hydrated? Changing pillowcases frequently? Getting regular exercise?

I eat trader joes. I dont cook. Trader Joes doesnt use preservatives in their food. Im am 99.9% I have a food allergy to milk. I dont drink milk ever. I dont eat fast food either. My problem is I am addicted to chocolate which of course contains dairy. I think celexa is making my hormones imbalanced. This medicine has helped me a lot mentally but it has also done some damage. I am hungry all the time, twenty four hours a day seven days a week. I went from weighing 135 pounds to 150 and I cannot lose it to save my life. I dont take supplements and I drink mostly water. I change pillow cases frequently yes and regular exercise, not really. I guess walking eight hours in a day in a nursing home classifies as exercise. It is a different type of exercise but nonetheless its exercise. My problem with regular exercise it is really hurts my knees. I also live near San Francisco where the climate is cold most of the year and I have sensitive skin. Im positive the weather affects my skin too

Since Zinc and B vitamins help the immune system and help with skin health, maybe try those two out? I haven't gotten a BIG pimple since I've been taking those two before bed, maybe it's in my head but meh, that's my advice.

maybe your new derm would have some suggestions.

It does look like you are using alot of stuff on your face. Im not trying to be like adam rouge or whatever but I have sensitive skin too. And im not saying you should stop your topicals or anything but at least for me I have learned less is more for my sensitive skin. Im using wexler salisylic acid (which is weird cus sa never worked for me before) but it is really gentle and doesnt irritate causing new breakouts or anything. I just use a gentle cleanser and i am now taking vitamin b5. I have realized to many chemicals on my face does nothing but make old red marks worse and it aggrivated my skin causing breakouts. I wish you the best i really do. I understand all skin is different but i think for sensitive skin less is more. Good luck to ya.

the products your using kill skin to bring the pimples to the surface, this will do its job, but it wont complete the process of getting rid of acne. You need to have some products with anti inflammatory, anti bacterial, and healing properties.... anything aloe vera based. also, put some vitamin E on that skin! it sounds like its been treated so much with chemicals that its starting to slow down the your skin cells metabolism. You need to be nourishing it! hope this helps!

maybe your new derm would have some suggestions.

It does look like you are using alot of stuff on your face. Im not trying to be like adam rouge or whatever but I have sensitive skin too. And im not saying you should stop your topicals or anything but at least for me I have learned less is more for my sensitive skin. Im using wexler salisylic acid (which is weird cus sa never worked for me before) but it is really gentle and doesnt irritate causing new breakouts or anything. I just use a gentle cleanser and i am now taking vitamin b5. I have realized to many chemicals on my face does nothing but make old red marks worse and it aggrivated my skin causing breakouts. I wish you the best i really do. I understand all skin is different but i think for sensitive skin less is more. Good luck to ya.

My cleanser is a very gentle foaming cleanser. I really dont think Im using that much stuff on my face.

I don't have an answer for the problem in the original post, but I do have a solution in regards to that "adam" guy. Just use one of the features of this board, the ignore function. It'll block out any posts he makes.

I'm not the type of person that knows anything about so-called "medicines", partly because I don't have health insurance, and partly because I think modern medicine is a fraud, so my advice is always going to be about holistic/natural approaches, so if that's not your thing, then... its not your thing.

Anywho, a problem in healing could be a few things. Are you getting enough natural Vitamin C in your diet? It sounds like you're eating enough calories, so I'm sure you're getting enough protein to repair tissue. Rest and reducing stress helps healing. Try not eating anything at least 3 hours before bed-time, so your body can focus on regenerating what's happened to it over the course of the day, instead of digesting food when its not really designed to. 6-8 hours is best. Zinc is also important for tissue repair. Try adding Sunflower/Pumpkin seeds to your breakfast.

Eating so frequently, as it sounds you do, could signal blood sugar problems. I'm not suggesting you're diabetic, but diabetics, and people with blood sugar problems, tend to have much slower healing times. I recommend that you eat 3 meals a day, all around the same time, and try to keep them low-glycemic most of the time. You should be able to find a list of low-glycemic foods on Google with a simple search. To sum it up, the closer to the way it grew out of the ground, the better it is on your blood sugar. If your blood sugar is under control, you will have a lot less cravings. Try to find something you enjoy doing if you feel that eating is a crutch. I take Karate classes, and play video games.

Sounds like you get enough exercise, you might want to try doing something 3 times a week that is very difficult for 20-30 minutes (gets you huffing and puffing).

I think your lotion could be contributing to it. According to the Acne Detective site, the laureth 4 is comedogenic and irritating (5 and 4), and the laureth 23 is comedogenic (3 and 0). I wouldn't trust the barley extract either, but I personally have a fear of barely, with good reason.

I also have a recommendation for dairy free chocolate snacks! Enjoy Life and Cherrybrook are both allergy friendly food lines. Their stuff is really good, in my opinion. Enjoy Life's Soft Baked Double Chocolate Brownies are good and good for you. Cherrybrook has a killer brownie mix that is easy to make. Both are dairy and egg free. All of Enjoy Life's products are wheat, dairy, peanut, tree nut, egg, soy, fish, and shellfish free. I think Cherrybrook has similar parameters.

I swear I'm not following you around, haha! You just post all of the topics that have been or are of interest to me.

Note: If anyone ever wants advice on allergy friendly food contact me. I've found a lot of good products.

Ah man how frustrating. Have you tried using anything with salycilic acid? Those biggies (paps, pusts, cysts, nods) are the highest level of infected zit as we all know, a salycilic acid can increase cell turnover, and penetrate deep to remove the gunk. It's highly effective as a preventative and also treatment method. Paula's Choice BHA is highly recommended on here. It seems simple, but if you haven't tried it, I would give it a try. It could be possible that you don't shed your dead skin fast enough which causes a buildup and in return, those big guys. SA gets rid of all the dead skin and opens up your pores and clears em out. If applied to actives (that aren't going away) it will open the pore and penetrate to get it all out. Let me know if you've tried anything BHA.

:comfort:

Oh yeah, try using the gentlest cream you can get your hands on. My Mom's/my derm told us that complex 15 is almost as gentle as pure water. She has rosacea and her skin drinks it right up. I've used complex 15 since I was in grade 6 I think.

I think your lotion could be contributing to it. According to the Acne Detective site, the laureth 4 is comedogenic and irritating (5 and 4), and the laureth 23 is comedogenic (3 and 0). I wouldn't trust the barley extract either, but I personally have a fear of barely, with good reason.

I also have a recommendation for dairy free chocolate snacks! Enjoy Life and Cherrybrook are both allergy friendly food lines. Their stuff is really good, in my opinion. Enjoy Life's Soft Baked Double Chocolate Brownies are good and good for you. Cherrybrook has a killer brownie mix that is easy to make. Both are dairy and egg free. All of Enjoy Life's products are wheat, dairy, peanut, tree nut, egg, soy, fish, and shellfish free. I think Cherrybrook has similar parameters.

I swear I'm not following you around, haha! You just post all of the topics that have been or are of interest to me.

Note: If anyone ever wants advice on allergy friendly food contact me. I've found a lot of good products.

You seem really sweet! I love when you post under my topics. I dont care if people follow me around unless they are being jerks. Do you know of a moisturizer that doesnt contain fragrance? Is MAC strobe cream comedogenic?

Ok I might be an idiot for even posting but you have acne for a little more then a decade right... If your acne isn't subsiding maybe you have a serious internal problem have you ever consider a water detox I bet it would work wonders for you... I know it sounds crazy but I believe it's worth a try. Or acne free in 3 days this will help if you have prevously taken antibiotics and you have too much candida in your system.

Just thought I would add my 2 cents so you can ignore me if you want

I'm not the type of person that knows anything about so-called "medicines", partly because I don't have health insurance, and partly because I think modern medicine is a fraud, so my advice is always going to be about holistic/natural approaches, so if that's not your thing, then... its not your thing.

Anywho, a problem in healing could be a few things. Are you getting enough natural Vitamin C in your diet? It sounds like you're eating enough calories, so I'm sure you're getting enough protein to repair tissue. Rest and reducing stress helps healing. Try not eating anything at least 3 hours before bed-time, so your body can focus on regenerating what's happened to it over the course of the day, instead of digesting food when its not really designed to. 6-8 hours is best. Zinc is also important for tissue repair. Try adding Sunflower/Pumpkin seeds to your breakfast.

Eating so frequently, as it sounds you do, could signal blood sugar problems. I'm not suggesting you're diabetic, but diabetics, and people with blood sugar problems, tend to have much slower healing times. I recommend that you eat 3 meals a day, all around the same time, and try to keep them low-glycemic most of the time. You should be able to find a list of low-glycemic foods on Google with a simple search. To sum it up, the closer to the way it grew out of the ground, the better it is on your blood sugar. If your blood sugar is under control, you will have a lot less cravings. Try to find something you enjoy doing if you feel that eating is a crutch. I take Karate classes, and play video games.

Sounds like you get enough exercise, you might want to try doing something 3 times a week that is very difficult for 20-30 minutes (gets you huffing and puffing).

This is outstanding advice.

Personally, I think fish oil is the greatest, too. Also, Molly, regardless of how much weight-bearing you do, I'd suggest some exercise that increases your heart rate.

You live near SF and you're complaining about the weather? NO WAY! Get out there and take a WALK!

This is outstanding advice.

Personally, I think fish oil is the greatest, too. Also, Molly, regardless of how much weight-bearing you do, I'd suggest some exercise that increases your heart rate.

You live near SF and you're complaining about the weather? NO WAY! Get out there and take a WALK!

Cecilia are trader joes frozen foods still considered processed food and is all processed food bad for our health? I am tired all the time and Im too lazy to learn how to cook. Plus ever since taking accutane and having suicidal ideations from it, I am terrified of knives, I know its silly.

Walking hurts my knees. I frequently have knee pain, although its been better lately.

The weather here is horrific! Its cold almost all year round and in face, the other day my dad and I had gone to the bank. The poll with the traffic lights shook vigorously. I hate the weather here! It sucks! I think the weather here contributes to my skin problems too. I wish I was rich and could live in Hawaii. That is my fave place ever

Most of Trader Joe's stuff is better than anything else. I'd say minimally processed, but still not as good as cooking for yourself.

If you have knee pain, I'd suggest either swimming or Tai Chi. Tai Chi is AWESOME for improving knee strength, stability, endurance. Just find a good teacher. BTW - April 25th was International Tai Chi Day!

Most of Trader Joe's stuff is better than anything else. I'd say minimally processed, but still not as good as cooking for yourself.

If you have knee pain, I'd suggest either swimming or Tai Chi. Tai Chi is AWESOME for improving knee strength, stability, endurance. Just find a good teacher. BTW - April 25th was International Tai Chi Day!

It really is hard for me to work for myself because of my work schedule. I work from 3pm-11pm and then I dont go to bed until around 2. I need a few hours to wind down before I go to sleep. Im also an insomniac most times. I dont even eat breakfast because I wake up at 11 most days. By that time its lunch time and then at my work, my dinner break isnt until 7 olock.

April 26 is International My Day lol That means April 26th is my birthday

Happy Birthday, Molly!

Thank you! At least someone cares about my birthday. Last week my dad told me he didnt like me talking about my b day and that twenty five isnt a special number for a birthday. Yes it is. Im a quater of a century old. Thats like an equivalent of him saying "I brought you into the world but I dont care" I think every year for a birthday is special

Anyway Im excited to go out for dinner and have some cheesecake :D

Have a great time, Molly!

Thank you! My parents went all over town and they couldnt find a cheesecake :( Now I have to have a chocolate cake