Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ObsessedwithSKIN

How do YOU let your scars NOt get to you?

"There are billions in the world who don't get to eat everyday, have a roof over their home, or have the necessities of life". user posted image

For certain there are worse problems to worry about then our skin.

I often think about a woman in my neighborhood who I was told use to be a model. Her husband had shot her in the face in a violent rage. She lived, but no surgery was able to correct the hole that looks to be the size of a golf ball in her face. There is always some worse off.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

My rationale: Thinking about various ways to make your face look better and healthier is normal. OBSESSING about your scars every waking moment is a sign that you have deeper issues than just the scars themselves.

I've said this before- I do hope to improve my scars and face in general, but the thoughts do not consume me. My scars do NOT limit where I want to go, classes I want to take, restaurants I want to go to, etc... I will have to say, I'm a bit hesistant and insecure in sharing my picture through the internet due to past bad experiences, but hey...not that many people are comfortable with Internet posting anyway. Although I don't think i'm ugly, I consider myself average but not 'attractive' to people's standards especially younger people.

I am still searching and working (currently with TCA 12-25%) on my scars, but I'm focusing more on the bigger ones. Small ones I can live with.

That's it for now.

Killercupcake, that's AMAZING. I cannot imagine how that poor woman feels, day in, day out....walking around like that. sad.gif

Good posts, everyone.

Dear Obsessed with skin,

My scars do bother me. I guess you could say I am obsessed. But, how does one look in the mirror and deal with indents all over his/her face without getting upset?

Hope keeps me going, without it I would not be here. Hope that my acne will stop, and hope that I will be able to get the indented scars removed. Then, hope that I find a guy who loves me and thinks I am cute, someone. :pray: Hope for all of us.

Just letting out some of my sorrows.

Love,

Liz Lee

Constant work. Really. The best way that I've found is planning. I am soothed by a very yang approach (how contradictory) to my acne/scars. By making plans, by seeing doctors, by doing research, by actually having procedures done, I feel as though I've got access to therapies and, perhaps, an eventual cure.

It's when I stop working on my face that I begin to feel helpless. As long as I'm moving, I'm okay.

I try to focus on the small improvements I see in my scarring on perhaps a weekly basis. I have quite a lot of new scars as well as older ones, and it's nice to see the redness diminishing gradually in these newer scars. I think my goal at the moment is to have white scars and not red ones - not to get rid of scars completely! I suppose you just have to take small steps along the road to the goal that all of us want - completely clear skin. It's better to be realistic about the small progressions you make rather than expecting miracles, which can get even more depressing.

Try and think positive and carry a lightbulb! idea.gifbiggrin.gif