Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gsa22soccer

ACCUTANE AND SUNBURN HELP!!!

I was at the beach 2 days ago and got burned pretty good. my problem is I am on accutane and like 1 1/2 hours ago my chest (where i burned) got incredibely irritated. It hurt so bad I crawled into the shower and tried to get out to put aloe vera on and that just made it sting worse. Just got out of the shower after being in there for about an hour and it still stings like no other. any tips on how to make it go away please

Cool water. Cool towels. Get a spray-type sunburn relief spray so you don't have to rub it on. Some of the spray sunburn relief products have a tiny amount of lidocaine or other topical anesthetic in them. USE ONLY AS DIRECTED, never more than directed, never more often than directed or you risk cardiac arrhythmias or CNS toxicity (central nervous system). They're safe if used as directed and if you aren't allergic.

The worst of the pain should be gone in 48 hours. You may blister. Don't pop the blisters as that will leave open areas where bacteria can enter and you can get an infection.